• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Taking more time while generating webhelp.

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updating the MBDB manual using RoboHelp.  This manual consists of 9 projects that are merged into 1 (or over 16,000 documents total).  For each project I open it, add new or make revisions to the documents within and generate the document.  It is the generate process that is taking so long.  They should take between 5-10 minutes to generate and some of these take 30+ minutes to generate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting the option to rebuild the project's .CPD file. See here for further details. Let us know if this makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

But am no where using .CPD files. I am just modifying the existing help files and trying to generate the process. And it is taking more than 30 minutes of time.

Madhu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually try Colum's suggestion of resetting the .CPD file inside RH? You don't mention if it had any effect on your issue. I would also ask, has anything changed since you last compiled with times of 5-10 minutes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff, it would seem that Madhu is perhaps confused about .CPD files, as it was stated "no where using .CPD files".

Madhu, the .CPD file is a file created and used by the RoboHelp HTML application. Sometimes we need to rename or delete it in order to coax a project to work again. In Tools > Options there is a setting to delete the .CPD when RoboHelp HTML starts. You might try enabling that option and see if things change for you.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp