Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using mms.cfg In The Enterprise

Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I’m currently investigating the best ways to install Flash Player in our corporate environment I’ve competed the request for enterprise downloads and I now have the access to the EXE & MSI installs.

Briefly reading the Administration guide I now know that I can use mms.cfg to disable updates a requirement in our network due to the lack of admin rights.

We will manage updates and fresh installs with SCCM 2012

I want to be able to install Flash Player during OSD (Operating System Deployment) and also on existing machines what are the best proven methods of delivering the custom mms.cfg ?

Can this be done with the command line if I use the EXE Bootstrapper install and not the MSI?

Or do I have to look at using group policy or a script to deliver this file outside of the installation

For Adobe reader I’m currently using the bootstrapper to install reader 11 and the latest MSP at the same time I’d like to do something similar for my Flash Player installs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My solution was as follows:

1. In SCCM 2012, I created an application for flash player based on the MSI deployment.

2. Created a second deployment type that executes a .CMD file with the following batch code in it (set dependency pointing to the Flash MSI completing successfully as well):

• REM In case folders don't exist, create them
    MD %WINDIR%\System32\Macromed\Flash
    MD %WINDIR%\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash

• REM Delete existing completion files
    Del %WINDIR%\System32\Macromed\Flash\Complete.flag
    Del %WINDIR%\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash\Complete.flag
  • REM Copy System32 CFG file and then copy the complete flag
    Copy /y %~dp0mms.cfg %WINDIR%\System32\Macromed\Flash
    Copy /y %~dp0Complete.flag %WINDIR%\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • REM Copy SysWow64 CFG file and then copy the complete flag
    Copy /y %~dp0mms.cfg %WINDIR%\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash
    Copy /y %~dp0Complete.flag %WINDIR%\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash

Note: Completion.flag is merely a text file that gives me an easy way to know if the script finished running or not. I check for it's existence in both locations to consider the process complete.    

This has worked for me. The only hangup I had was that I set the MSI verification on the filename of the OCX that the installer puts in the System32 and SysWow64 folders not realizing that the filename is backwards from what I expected. System32 has the "Flash64..." file and SysWow64 has the "Flash32..." file. Goofy, I know.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines