• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permission denied error in whstart.js after generating from RH10

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a very small (1 topic) project to test out RH10. After generating and getting the yellow bar warning at the top, I added Mark of the Web and re-generated. Then my IE8 page just flashed over and over again until I hit Cancel and looked at the errors:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 18:00:49 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: file:///C:/Users/forbesh/Documents/rh10generate/desktop/whver.js

URI: file:///C:/Users/forbesh/Documents/rh10generate/desktop/whutils.js

URI: file:///C:/Users/forbesh/Documents/rh10generate/desktop/whmsg.js

URI: file:///C:/Users/forbesh/Documents/rh10generate/desktop/whstub.js

Line: 47
URI: file:///C:/Users/forbesh/Documents/rh10generate/desktop/whstart.js

The first four are repeated many times until I hit Cancel on the page. In whver, whutils, whmsg  and whstub, Line 1, Char 1 is a / to start a comment // and is greyed out in the code reader in Dreamweaver. Line 47, Char 1 in whstart is v from the word var.

I took out and then reinserted Mark of the Web, the page now loads properly but takes a very long time to do so: it has been loading already for over a minute and just loaded.

Can anyone tell me why I got those messages? And secondly, why is it loading so slowly?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you enabled JavaScript? Is it occurring if you use another browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JavaScript was already enabled and no, not with another browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if it’s not happening with another browser, then it’s must be something in the browser settings for IE8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to convert a much larger project from RH9 to RH10. The big one is working well with the same IE8 settings, I don't want to trade that for being able to take advantage of HTML5 output if my desktop output is going to suffer as that is still the largest part of my target audience. That's why I would really like to find out why these two things are happening.

Chrome even loads the page much faster than IE.

Thanks for the help.

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5? I thought you said you were creating WebHelp – a true test would be to take a copy of your RH9 project and upgrade it in RH10, then generate the same help output you did in RH9 and examine its performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Starting with WebHelp because that's what my big project uses. Then will use RH10 to expand to multiscreen HTML5. Thought I would use a small project but you're right, truer test is my original one. I'll try it, see what happens and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp