Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Files are Duplicating

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2007 Mar 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

I have no idea what is going on, but I use RoboHelp to create HTML files and then use Webhelp as the single source. However, I now see that these files are being duplicated.

It's possible that I may not know how Robohelp works? 🙂

But I've got 6 or so help files -- all basically looking the same except they are in different directories.

Thanks in advance.
Maia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2007 Mar 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maia. Can you clarify something for us? Do you mean that you have duplicate files in your webhelp output and the duplicate files are in different directories? Or are the duplicate files in your RH project source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2007 Mar 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant to say that you could try running the unused file report (available from the Tools > Reports menu in X5) to see if any of your duplicate files show up there. If they do, you can probably delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2007 Mar 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi MaiaMDaly

In addition to what Colum offered, I would ask the following:

You say you have 6 or so help files that are essentially the same. Are you saying that you expected to have a single WebHelp output for 6 different versions of the help? If so, you should know that if all are about the same, you will indeed see 6 different sets of the files.

Do you have any Text-Only popups? If so, there will appear to be duplicated files. The WebHelp generation process creates a different HTML file for each popup. These files are a variation of the file name they are linked from. So if you have a file named Bob.htm, you may see a Bob1.htm, Bob2.htm etc. An additional file for each popup.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp