Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add previous and next arrows to CSH window in WebHelp using x5

Mar 15, 2007 Mar 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a help project using WebHelp and using RoboHelpx5. I am using context sensitive topics and want to know how I include navigation in the CSH window that pops up with the CSH topics. Currently the window includes only a "Show" button that takes the user to the whole help system.

The CSH is working fine, but I just want to be able to take them back and forth within the CSH when they click a link in the CSH topic popup window.

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2007 Mar 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Take a look at the topic on my site about calling webhelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 16, 2007 Mar 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi blmjohnson and welcome to our community

On the outside chance that Peter's site fails to provide what you are looking for, I'll say that I may have interpreted your question a bit differently. I inferred that you are happy with what you have so far, but you simply want to add some alternate navigation without using the full TOC and whatnot.

One way you can accomplish this is by generating WebHelp two different times to two different folders with different options each time. One of the options you can use is to not use skins and opt instead for traditional WebHelp with no skin. Additionally, you would want to ensure you created a browse sequence. With a Browse Sequence and the traditional style output, your topics should end up with navigation to other topics within the topics themselves. Then you simply replace the skinned WebHelp topics that serve as CSH with the traditional WebHelp version of the same topics. You should end up with a "hybrid" system containing CSH topics that have built in navigation.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2007 May 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, yes this is what I was lookiing for. I'll try this.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Wow, you must check your threads about what, every two months?

I'm not sure how I can improve on what I outlined earlier in the thread. Where specifically are you having problems following it?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, in the last part of your response, you say you simply replace the skinned WebHelp topics that serve as CSH witht he traditional WebHelp version of the same topics.

Do you mean that I copy the mapped topics from traditional back into the skinned version.and then regenerate? Is this done in the output files under the WebHelp output folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I was busy with a big Release of product. Now I want to go back and check this out. I just subscribed to the RSS feed, so now I can keep up with comments.

I followed you up to the point of your last two sentences. I created the WebHelp traditional version and saw the navigation within the topics. No I want to create the hybrid you speak of and want to know how I replace the topics you mention.

Thanx...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

The key here is to generate WebHelp two different times. Once with the skin. Once without. The one without will have the "In Topic" navigation. These need to be generated to two different folders.

After you do this, you carefully copy only the topic files from the non-skinned output and replace the topic files in the skinned output. Once you have done this, you then push it to the server. You should end up with a Skinned WebHelp system that displays topic content from a non-skinned system and has the "In topic" navigation.

Hopefully that makes better sense... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, gotcha!!

Thanks.

I added a question on the roboengine side of things that I also subscribed to. Let me look and see specifically what it is called, but it was in response to someone else asking a question. It is a recent post. I could use your input on that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, heck - here are the questions...

Rick, or anyone else that can answer these additional questions on RoboHelp Server 6:

Does RoboHelp server 6 work in a Server Load Balancing Environment?
Can a auto install config for a remote server be created?
Are there any licensing issues for RoboHelp server version? This means, if it is spread over many servers as well as distributing Help to customers along with the application.

Thanks in advance. These are the questions I am getting from upper management.

Note:
I used RoboEngine at a previous employer and don't remember all of these issues, but I can't proceed without answers.

I know the benefits of the server environment such as the usage reports for feedback to help improve the help system, plus the ability to have all projects published to the same location, which helps serve as a management tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I did see that in the RoboEngine forum. But I'm afraid I don't have much information for you. The questions you are asking are pretty technical in nature and are possibly best asked of Adobe. I might suggest contacting Adobe via This Link to ask.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok, thanks Rick. I'll do that. I tried asking a tech support person, but I think I need to talk to someone else within Adobe. Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp