Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording [slide] does not capture web app events

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 7, Win 7

I'm trying to capture actions in PeopleSoft. I've done this in Cap 6 and Cap 5/5.5 with the same Training settings. When I click links, check boxes, or buttons, none of the interactions are captured. In fact, only the first one or two screens are captured when there should be 10-15. I've tried this with both automatic and manual settings. I'm sure I just have something set up incorrectly. Here is a screen shot of my settings:

recordingSettings.png

Thanks for any help!

Mary

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Hi Mary,

Can you retry recording that web application after Launching Captivate as administrator. (Righ click on Captivate 7 icon, then click on Run as admin).

Also, try opening that web application in a different browser this time if you can and check whether it creates a slide on every mouse and keyboard event?

and is it creating the Video demo slide for your mouse movements and drag and drop actions? (if you have checked smoothen movement for drag and drop, and mouse wheel actions from Recording

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary,

Can you retry recording that web application after Launching Captivate as administrator. (Righ click on Captivate 7 icon, then click on Run as admin).

Also, try opening that web application in a different browser this time if you can and check whether it creates a slide on every mouse and keyboard event?

and is it creating the Video demo slide for your mouse movements and drag and drop actions? (if you have checked smoothen movement for drag and drop, and mouse wheel actions from Recording > Settings).

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Varun. Running as Administrator was the key. I have a lot of "garbage" slides to remove: I didn't move the mouse, but Captivate captured static (non-video) screens. But I'd still rather delete extraneous slides than rebuild the interaction from scratch. Thanks, again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources