Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unexpected disconnect of clients

Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally clients are disconnected without a reason. The client-side-code is not closing the connection.

On server-side only application.onDisconnect is executed - but who done it?

How to check for unforced disconnects (client or server)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Information you provided is very less for us to derive anything out of it. All clients get disconnected? Are you sure no client disconnects on its own say by closing browser? What code do you have in application.onDisconnect? Do you allow any SWF to connect to your application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Occasionally clients are disconnected" should mean: 99% of clients are disconnecting in usual manner. I am really sure, the 1% of clients don't want to disconnect! The problem is, i can't reproduce it. If it happens, there are only the trace() outputs in application.onDisconnect in the app.logs - but this is not triggered from client/server-side.

swf-verification is not enabled. It is only one swf that connects to the app.

Edit:

For the last 2-3 weeks the flash-player crashes in firefox increased. This is e.g. an unexpected disconnect. But i am searching for other reasons... any ideas are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest modifying your client code so that when a disconnect happens, reconnect that client and bring it's state back to either original or current. You can't expect network programming behave exctly like client/native one. I'm currently testing an application using AMSP inside an intranet and even in this local setup disconnects happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying,

does that mean, i must implement client-side code in a way:

All disconnects causing a reconnect - except intended disconnects from server-side (and of course client closes connection)?

Furthermore Server-side code must tell clients BEFORE disonnecting it: Next disconnect is intended?

I wanted to use less client-side code as possible, looking ahead to http-streaming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All disconnects causing a reconnect - except intended disconnects from server-side (and of course client closes connection)?

Roughly yes, although I can't foresee the need of having a client disconnect on intent.

Furthermore Server-side code must tell clients BEFORE disonnecting it: Next disconnect is intended?

Either use Client.call() - http://help.adobe.com/en_US/adobemediaserver/ssaslr/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11a11afc95e-7ec3SSASLR.... or some SharedObjects techniques - http://help.adobe.com/en_US/adobemediaserver/ssaslr/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11a11afc95e-7e63SSASLR....

I wanted to use less client-side code as possible, looking ahead to http-streaming.

It is much more advisble having a fat client in this respoect leaving out AMS for streaming, server-side state storage, and some scripting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roughly yes, although I can't foresee the need of having a client disconnect on intent.

what about "permission denied", or server-side-stream-switching (which is not supported)?

SharedObjects seems to be good idea.

It is much more advisble having a fat client in this respoect leaving out AMS for streaming, server-side state storage, and some scripting.

i must think about it ... any furthermore link/information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with random disconnect of clients.

My client is working normally and is getting data from AMS (using client.call() on the server side). After 20+ hours, client stops receiving data, but AMS app is still calling that "client.call()". I can see this from so many logs I added to trace down the problem.

After couple of minutes, I can see client is disconnected on the server side, BUT it's not getting notification on the client side! I have reconnect mechanism on the client side, which is working if there's a drop in internet connection. But in this case, client didn't even recognize it's being disconnected.

I have disabled "AutoCloseIdleClients" feature.

Adobe staff, please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines