• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation won't "take"

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a basic user of macbook air (formerly my daughter's.)   I want to view videos e.g. sent on Facebook, but every time, the video won't play because I 'need to install the latest version of Flash Player."   I have installed it a number of times now, including through the Adobe website, and evertime the installation proceeds smoothly but when I try to view the video, I'm told that 'I need to install the latest version. . . "  I did make sure I'm using the version appropriate for Mac OS X 10.6.8.  (And I have been viewed videos very successfully on other computers.  It's just this one that's the problem. )

If you tell me anything beyong the most basic of button pushing commands to make this work, I won't understand, I'm sorry.  

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I did try, and it didn't work, alas. There were two glitches; there's something called uTorrent that doesn't want to get out of the way, and I use Firefox, not Safari, so the last bit of the direction didn't apply and I didn't do them. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Firefox, under Tools | add-ons, can you make sure that the Shockwave Flash plugin is enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You were right! It wasn't enabled. Don't know how that happened, but I've enabled it and now I"m fine. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines