• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. Please exit Adobe Acrobat/Reader and try again.

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2009 Mar 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Adobe Reader 8.1.3 set to open in the browser.

We are trying to open PDF files within IE Browser. While opening multiple documents in the IE Browser, we get "There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. Please exit Adobe Acrobat/Reader and try again." error, once we click on the "OK" button, PDF file opens in the Adobe reader. This happens randomly while some files open up in IE Browser and some files get the above mentioned error message and open in the Adobe Reader.

We need to open all the PDF files in the IE Browser. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try solutions at
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb405461

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2009 Apr 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

We have set Adobe as per the link.

Th problem is, PDF files opens randomly in IE Browser and some files get the above mentioned error message and open in the Adobe Reader.

We have even delayed the URL calls, but still randomly get the error message "There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. Please exit Adobe Acrobat/Reader and try again."

And the second issue we have is, even after setting the response to no-Cache, PDF files are still cached in the temp folder.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2010 Feb 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pop-up blockers.  In our case, the google toolbar

with pop-up blocker enabled, then disabled.  This prevented

the pdf from a web site to be opened up in a new tab or window.

We disabled the google toolbar and we were back in business.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2010 Feb 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled the google toolbar in managing add-ons for IE8 and now AdobeAcrobat/Reader is opening all pdf files, but I am without the tool bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

too green wrote:

I disabled the google toolbar in managing add-ons for IE8 and now AdobeAcrobat/Reader is opening all pdf files, but I am without the tool bar.

In this case, I think you're better off without the toolbar.  But you have to be the judge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be better off without the tool bar, but I have found anohter solution;

.  Open Adobe Reader,

go to edit menu,

under Preferences

go to Internet, uncheck "Display pdf in browser"

The pdf files then open, but not in the browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still have Google Bar.  Just click on the settings icon to the right of the toolbar and disable the popup blocker.  Can't remember which section it was under, but click around and you'll find it, easy.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered all I need to do is disable the Google translation feature. I still have the popup blocker enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great work there. Thanks for the update.

Thank you,

Don Tolbert

IT Department - Desktop Support

Home Buyers Warranty - Denver

720-747-6051

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the pop up blocker doesn't solve the issue. Thank you but we've been down that road.

Thank you,

Don Tolbert

IT Department - Desktop Support

Home Buyers Warranty - Denver

720-747-6051

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the following and it worked for me.

1) Unistall Adobe Reader

2) Rename all Adobe folders under

C:\ program files

C:\Documents & Settings\UserID\Local Settings\Application Data

C:\Documents & Settings\UserID\Application Data

3) Re-install Reader

Please note the "Local settings" and "Application Data"are hidden.

Hope this helps:)

Cheers        

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, old post but here is my fix.

On Windows 10/64bit with Acrobat DC nothing will get it to display in internet explorer except the following:

1. The obvious use Chrome or Firefox and this does not happen.

2. If you need to use IE; Log in as administrator on the local pc or log in as administrator@yourdomain.com. Go to internet options, Advanced tab, Reset include check for removing personal settings. Restart IE and test. If it does not work the first time do it again. One thing I notice is if I dont get a CMD window to pop up during reset it has not worked properly and acrobat will not opent he document in IE.

PLEASE NOTE: I dont know why but if I log in with any "admin" or "domain admin" account this does not work. I have to log in as the PC admin if not on a domain (as in Administrator typed that way) or the administrator@yourdomain.com account. No clue why but this works EVERY time and nothing else works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines