• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code: A12E1

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the solutions to the problem? I cannot get Adobe Application Manager to load

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither can I. Even AAM 6.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Reboot the computer.

2) Download and install Adobe  Application Manager Installer from the below link.

Windows: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

Mac: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

3) If error still persist, Rename the OOBE folder to OOBE OLD from

Mac: MAC HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Win: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\

Install AAM again and try launching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this answer still apply? I've encountered it in the newer Creative Cloud app when trying to update it when it prompted me to install a new version. Half way through installing either pre- or post-reboot, it displays the error code and kills the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharkley,

Was the error code A12E1 or A12E5?

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anirudh,

I went to do the process again to check the number and for some reason, this time the update worked! So, no idea what's different this time, but it seems to be up and running if the latest build is 1.0.0.183.

Thanks for your reply and offer of help in any case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm having this problem this morning too. I've rebooted and reinstalled twice still getting the A12E1 error.

bhatnaga if you could shed some light on this issue that would be super helpful.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is of any help, the times I got the error were on the start-up of the machine. To check the error the last time, I ran Creative Cloud and the update worked. It's the only point I can isolate on which made the last attempt a successful one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jarm,

Did you follow Maish's advise? A12E1 means download failure. It used to be a problem with old Adobe Application Manager but we fixed this in new version. On machines that we have seen that it is still coming is most likely due to some firewall blocking our application. Do you see any download progress at all?

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I added Creative Cloud to the FireWall and 'allowd incoming connections'.

This has seamed to solve the issue of the error A12E1.

Thanks guys for your support.

bhatnaga

Sharkey134

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the solution different from A12E5 to A12E1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case of

Error Code: A12E1

Do clean uninstallation part before installation of CC by downloading the cleaner tool

remove creative cloud and application manager by selecting them and click on cleanup selected.

rename the OOBE folder from both the location

from user library and hidden library.

Reboot the system

And download the CC desktop app from creative.adobe.com-->download center

Don't download the Application manger CC from adobe.com

Follow these steps as well:-

Rename the OOBE folder to OOBE-OLD from

Mac: MAC HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Win: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whew! The uninstall/rename/reinstall boogie seems to have worked on the Mac Pro. Now to try it on the PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why oh why oh why do we have to continually deal with these problems? This is the downside of the cloud and pushed updates. It's not like Adobe has NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH UPDATES!! UGH!

At least with physical software, we don't have to update if we don't want to.

I've done the uninstall/reinstall thing before, and now I have to do it again? And if the error lies with a program we use all the time, then we lose our custom panels and have to re-set them up again. Can I bill Adobe for the time it takes each time? I certainly can't bill my clients.

I back up my Mac Pro twice a day onto an external hard drive via SuperDuper. A bootable backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are facing this issue, the steps to do is kill AAMUpdatesNotifier from task manager on windows and activity monitor on mac. Reboot the system and try installing again. If this doesn't work, follow the advise of renaming the folder and then trying to install. For helping us track the reasons and quantity of this error, can you all mail the PDApp log files from your systems to bhatnaga@adobe.com. This will help us improve our install and update experience immensely.

PDApp.log file can be found at:

Win: %temp% (C:\Users\{Current User}\Appdata\Local\Temp

Mac: ~/Library/Logs/ (Here ~ denotes user's directory. Library folder is hidden inside the user's directory. The best way to access this path is to use the go to folder option in go menu of finder and type the path exactly as I have typed including the ~ symbol).

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User error. Thank you for checking.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrated with Adobe products constantly requiring an update and their hunger for my limited regional internet access!!! I just can't afford to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked..... thanks Man!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac and have tried everything you mention, but I keep getting the A12E1 error code. Other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rlevers,

Have you tried all the solutions here?

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/a12e1-error-downloading-creative-cloud.html

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally found one that worked: OOBE_old instead of OOBE OLD Thanks for following up.

Robert

Be Heard.

Levers Advertising + Design

http://www.levers.com

978-369-9540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I had the A12E1 error too on my iMac. I opende the AdobeApplicationManager and the application made an automatic update. After this Adobe Creative Cloud was running like if there had been no problem at all. Maybe it could work for others too?

BR Torben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you got it sorted out Torbenhammer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried these solutions and they work; unfortunately, they come back with every update.  This is getting really annoying.  I've been dealing with this for over two months, and I've sort of given up using Creative Cloud to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with this since Creative Cloud came out. Seriously. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines