• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whphost.js. My TOC, Index, and Search buttons do not function in WebHelp RH9

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read posts about this issue but I have not received a satisfactory answer as to why this occurs or how to fix it.

Note that this problem occurs regardless of the complexity of the project. When the project is first generated (DHTML > Pure HTML is selected), I first receive a script/ActiveX warning....

RH1.png

After I accept the option to allow Blocked Content, the TOC no longer appears and the Search, Index, and Glossary buttons no longer function.

RH2.png

When I click the Error icon on the lower left corner of the page, the following appears:

RH3.png

Note that this error was not encountered in RH 8. My system is Windows 7 and my browsers are IE8 and Mozilla (Firefox ESR 17.0.7).

I would appreciate any guidance regarding this situation.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do you see this error on both IE and FF? IF so, it would suggest that not all resource files (whphost.js or whutils.js) are copied to the output.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William. Thank you for quick response.

Currently the error exists in both in IE and FF.

Both the whphost.js and whutils.js file can be found in the output folder.

RH4.png

Regards.

DW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. Can you try the following:

1. Remove the entire output folder.

2. Remove the entire SSL folder. (if not the same as 1)

3. Regenerate the project.

This makes sure that any corrupted file at least gets regenerated.

Also, what happens when you generate one of the example projects? Do you see the same issue?

Last, do you use any custom scripts or DHTML effects other than drop-downs?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

William. Thanks for your note. I tried generating several times including wiping out the SSL folder. Even when I tried creating a new project from scratch (or worked with the sample projects), the same thing happened.

Update. Since my last writing, the problem has been resolved. It's a long torturous story, but here is the Cliff Notes version.

After being completely frustrated, my Desktop Support group uninstalled RH9 and I downloaded and installed a RoboHelp 10 trial and the problem was no longer present. I got back full functionality of the TOC, Keyword, and Search. Because I couldn't purchase a licensed RH 10 version until at least December, I uninstalled RH 10 and reinstalled the RH 9 using install files from the Company server. Low and behold full functionality returned. I guess the reason I didn't reinstall RH 9 from the beginning is because I read that reinstalling RH didn't take care of the problem.

In any case, the moral of this sad story for those who encounter this situation is to first reinstall RH. It also wouldn't hurt if Adobe would post an article regarding a fix to this.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp