Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 9 - Problems generating WebHelp

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm using RoboHelp 9. When I try to generate Primary Layout (WebHelp), my books and topics don't display. The Contents, Index, Search, and Glossary do (even though nothing happens when you click them), but the rest of the screen is blank. I have included a screenshot.

Untitled.png

Does anyone know what could be wrong? It worked a few weeks ago when I last generated it, and I don't think I've made any changes... so I am at a total loss.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Using a different browser? Generating to a different location?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a different browser? Generating to a different location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is the same.

I have no idea what is going on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, something must be different – pull up one of the sample RH projects and generate WebHelp & have a look at it. Is it ok? Then it’s your project that’s wrong; not ok? Then it’s something to do with your browser or environment. Let us know the outcome of your testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow... it is the browser.

It wasn't working in Chrome...

That's three hours wasted...

but thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s a known issue with Chrome from a couple of years ago – there are a few ways around it – post your WebHelp on a web server; upgrade your copy of RH to RH10; fake it out by installing a “faux” web server; tweak your Chrome shortcut to launch with a flag allowing local content. Search for “Chrome” on the RH forums for lots of discussions on the topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is detailed information in Item 2 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#browsers

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp