• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Downloading Adobe Flash Player onto my MAC version 10.5.8

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having major issues dowloading Adobe Flash Player onto my Mac Book Pro and currently working with version 10.5.8. Any ideas on how i can resolve this. I get as far as the Install Adobe Flash Player icon bouncing on my task bar and that's about it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums,

You need to install Adobe Flash Player 10.3 for your MAC, you may download it from here : http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_10.3.183.90_archive.dmg

Note : Adobe Flash Player 11 is supported on MAC 10.6, 10.7 & 10.8

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vikram

Thanks for your reply. So i have tried the download you suggested using the show contents method but when it comes to the Install Plug in screen, both the Mactintosh HD and fp_1 0.3.18390_archive.dmg icons appear with a warning signal in red beside them, with a messge underneath reading "You cannot install PlugIn on this volume. A newer version of this software already exists on this volume." But there doesnt seem to be a way i can uninstall this version it is claiming i already have. Any suggestions on what the problem may be?

Many Thanks,

Zuttah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You may use the Adobe Flash Player for MAC : http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Note : Use uninstaller specific to your MAC version

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

So i just downloaded the uninstaller specificaly for my MAC OS X version 10.5.8 but again after i click on the icon, it appears on the task bar and just bounces with nothing else happening.

Thanks,

Zuttah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a NEW (admin) user account and see if it wil install under that account.
If it does, your permissions need to be repaired for your account.

If it doesn't, you've likely got OS issues, possibly fixable with AppleJack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genuis!! So after creating the admin user account, i was able to install the fp_1 0.3.18390_archive.dmg download meaning my main account must need its permissions repaired. How can this be done please? Thanks for your suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac HD/Applications/Utilities

Disk Utility

Click your HD on the left and click Repair Disk Permissions

Disk UtilityScreenSnapz001.jpg

If that doesn't work on YOUR account, use AppleJack from the link previously provided. It will repair permissions AT THE KERNEL LEVEL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello there,

I have since been able to repair my disk permissions and have succefully downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10.3 for my MAC. Thank you so much for all your help with this. I wasn't quite sure what the outcome would be from this Forum, but i'm glad i did use the service and it's been so easy and quick to use.

Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines