• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 9 syslog setup

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly does this setting do in the CF admin configuration under the "Logging Settings" section?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On unix, there are syslog facilities provided by various tools, such as syslog or nsyslog.  They listen on port a network port as well, but on the local host, a named pipe is provided for simplicity.  This service logs all the messages sent to it to files in /var as configured by the syslogd.conf file in /etc.

For more information consult your unix man pages.

-- Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes I am familar with syslog on unix. So I enabled that feature in the CF admin page. Where should I be seeing logs under /var/log? Is CF sending everything over a named pipe? I assume there is setup I need to syslogd.conf unless CF logs to the /var/log/messasges file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I usually debug that kind of stuff with a *.* in the syslog.conf file and put that into a file like /var/log/all.log.  Once I know which messages I want to keep I adjust accordingly.

-- Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation