Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install the latest version, 11.8, of Flash Player

Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system is Mac OSX 10.6.8 and I have tried to install the latest version of Flash Player, 11.8. I follow all the steps but when  it is 95% installed it freezes and doesn't complete the installation. Since trying that I now have "BLOCKED PLUG-IN" showing up if I try to watch a video. My Safari system version is 5.1.9. Please help me, I'm not too savy on the computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new (admin) account and see if it installs under that account.

If it does, you need to repair permissions for your account.

If not, we'll need to do a "clean install" for 10.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering me. I have completely uninstalled flash player and tried to download again but it still only gets to 95%. I don't know what you mean by admin account or clean install. Sorry I might seem silly but I really don't know much about computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new account in your System Preferences under User Accounts (or Users and Groups).

System PreferencesScreenSnapz001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, it worked and better still now my husband can use his own account and stop leaving all his crap on my desktop. YAY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines