• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe should not discriminate against people with older computers

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Help! -- I tried to upgrade FLASH PLAYER, but I have an older MAC laptop OS X 10.4 = Version 4.1.3 (4533.19.4). 

I need to UPGRADE Flash Player; however it's not available -- Recently, I cannot watch some videos or access particular websites.

I'm a teacher, and CAN'T AFFORD to buy  a new computer at this time.

> Can Adobe Corp. please help by offering an expanded range of UPGRADE support ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is first Apple who has abandoned you; if they'd let you upgrade your Mac OS version, then the latest Flash Player could be installed on your system.

And then there are all these websites that check for your Flash Player version, then (needlessly) deny you access to their content if the Flash Player version is not the latest.

Windows users are much better off, Windows XP (released in 2001) is still fully supported by Microsoft, and therefore have no problems installing all the new software.

I do not speak for Adobe, but there is very little chance that your old computer (that is actually not that old) can ever get a Flash Player update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pat Willener wrote:

I do not speak for Adobe, but there is very little chance that your old computer (that is actually not that old) can ever get a Flash Player update.

Actually, Pat... it IS that old. Apple stopped selling ALL PowerPC models in 2005. That would make it at least seven years old, maybe six, if it came from a retailer selling "backstock" models like I got in June 2005. Most software these days requires more and faster memory (and a faster processor) than an old PPC Mac has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines