• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts in custom commands

Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am trying to specify Control+, as a keyboard shortcut in a custom FrameMaker command defined in an ExtendScript script. I am using this:

var cmd1 = DefineCommand(1, "LinkToHeadingStepOne", "L1", "^,");

The command works, but the keyboard shortcut doesn't. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rick

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

This is a super late response and I only bumped into the thread because I was looking for something similar. Did you ever get this to work? I tried this for the first time yesterday and had no problems on FM11. When I issue something similar:

cmd = DefineCommand(1111, "TestScriptCommand", "TestScriptCommand", "^q");

...Ctrl+q executes the command. It also works in combination with the "+" sign to require a Shift key press as well, at least with alphabetical characters. Maybe something weird about using a comma?

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Russ,

Thanks for the follow up. I got some of the letter keys to work, but I couldn't use the punctuation keys. FrameScript still rules :-).

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines