• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Advice on Purchasing RoboHelp

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2007 Mar 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm considering purchasing RoboHelp, but I've also looked at some less expensive alternatives like RoboAuthor. My main purpose for this application would be to convert previously printed technical manuals to an online format. Can anyone offer some advise?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pdecker. A lot depends on what you want to do with the help. RoboHelp has a lot of functionality that is not available in RoboAuthor. When you convert do you just want a plain old HTML or do you want to use DHTML / Javascript? Do you just want an easy single source file low in richness or do you want a series of files that you can manipulate more or less any way you want. Maybe you don't have the answers? Download a trial version and have a play which will help you decide and post any questions you have here. One word of advice though. Don't just think of what you want to do now. Also think of what you'd like to do in the future otherwise you may buy a tool that is fit for purpose in the short term only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Now, there goes a wise man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp