• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I stop Flash Player from asking to install when it already has? It's crashing IE 8.

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed the latest version and verified that it is on my computer. Yet I continually receive the install box. I have clicked install, clicked don't install and closed the box, all with the same result. IE 8 crashes, restores the page and the routine starts all over again. After about three of these the page can no longer restore. How do I get Flash Player to leave me alone until it really has something to install? Windows XP SP 3, IE 8 Flash Player 11.8.800.168

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click ANY FLash content and choose "Global Settings". Under the Advanced tab, you can disable update checking in the Flash Player pluign. That WON'T stop pages with script checking your version from prompting you to update if cached files and cookies indicate it's oudated.

For that, download the file from here: https://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=LW2uMC-muU*eva7lwEmoww

Unzip it and double click the deepclean_set file

When the Disk Cleanup opens check EVERY box in the list and click OK.

Double click the deepclean_run file and let it run to completion.

Then reboot and go to a site that would prompt for an update to see if it still does it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C F McBlob wrote:

For that, download the file from here: https://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=LW2uMC-muU*eva7lwEmoww

The o/p may have difficulties doing that; I just remember that Acrobat.com uses Flash Player...

You can download the attached file instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. If it comes to that I will use the file. I wasn't able to get the "global settings" mentioned above. So I uninstalled Flash Player, went to gmail and didn't need it to read the article.

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 21:08:17 -0700

To: z335420@hotmail.com

Subject: How can I stop Flash Player from asking to install when it already has? It's crashing IE 8.

Re: How can I stop Flash Player from asking to install when it already has? It's crashing IE 8.

created by Pat Willener in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines