• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Search Displays Selected Topics Without Acknowledging LF

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a text document using UNIX style line breaks that I run through a parser to create multiple help topics.

These topics display normally (see attached image) when called directly, rather than through WebHelp and when selected from the Contents or Index tabs. 

sitr1.gif

However ,when selected through the search tabs, the LF character seems to be ignored. 

sitr2.gif

Has anyone else seen this?  This feels like a bug.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 10.0.0.287.  Sorry, that would have been useful to mention.

I also wanted to add that it seems like the <pre> tag is being ignored.

in our usage it is <PRE><SPAN> some text
some text
some text
</SPAN></PRE>
That should be preserved in the display, but for some reason isn't being preserved.
-m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH doesn't normally work with pre tags. The search function adds spans for highlighting, so removing the highlight will probably solve this. But that's not what you want.

Can you try the following: Replace the pre tag with a div tag. Add a class to the div, for example 'preserve-lines'. In your CSS, add the following definition:

div.preserve-lines {

white-space: pre-line;

}

This will add line breaks as they were in the source code.

Of course, RoboHelp is replacing the HTML when adding highlighting, so it may be stripping the line breaks as well. In that case, the easiest solution (short of hacking into the highlighting code (trust me, you don't want to go there)) is to replace the line breaks by br tags on generation and use a paragraph instead of a pre element.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That didn't work.  We tried a few variations, but they all ultimately get commented out by RoboHelp in the generation process. I ended up having to disable highlighting; which did not best please my development team.  They've requested I file a bug against RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp