• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video has no picture but does have sound, what is wrong?

Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To better assist you with this issue we need to know:

What is your operating system? (Windows or Mac) (XP, Vista, 7, 8)

What browser do you use? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See:  Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer

and: ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

If it still gives you trouble after all of that, post back and there are a few other options to look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all of this and it still says I need to download the program. I have done that but still says I dont have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download Flash Player is one thing. Instaling it is another.

Have you run the installer?

If so, in Internet Options, under Security, select "Custom Level" and in the window that opens, check the following:

Parallels DesktopScreenSnapz001.jpg

Parallels DesktopScreenSnapz002.jpg

Parallels DesktopScreenSnapz003.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At my age some things just get lost.  Where is the installer?  I thought it installed automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT would be in your C/Windows/Temp folder if you simply clicked it with IE. You can right click this link: Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer) and select "Save target as" and save it to your downloads folder. THEN you can close IE and run it. You may have to reboot to close all processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did all of the above.  Question: Many of the videos are sent to me my frinends on Facebook and they are opened only to the sound.  Could this be a problem with Facebook?  All of them display message to down load Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be. If their coming to you in email, it could be something with email settings too. I don't use Facebook (I've been banned), so I really have no idea how things are working there these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help.  I still dont have pictures but we both tried.  Thanks again.  Another ideas please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines