• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Creative Cloud Desktop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some time, I have tried to update my creative cloud desktop app with no success. So after that, I uninstalled the app and redownloaded it. When I tried to install the app, the instaled failed. The creative cloud desktop app said "We've encountered the following issues: Creative Cloud desktop failed to install." I cannot find out what is wrong. I have a current subscription with creative cloud.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Hi joomak

Below link migh help you with resolving error code 50

Error "Failed to Install" Creative Cloud Desktop application

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Free ThrowAce,

You can try this :

Please rename OOBE to OOBEE.OLD Folder from the following location

location in Window C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

location in Mac: library>.application support>>Adobe>> OOBE

After renaming the OOBE folder please uninstall Adobe creative cloud from the cleaner tool and re-installed the product from from www.creative.adobe.com/apps

PS: Please uninstall Creative cloud connection if you see in Cleaner tool.

As the above discusson also mentions renamimg, Please disable the firewall of the system & network & then retry.

You can also refer this link for more input: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-cc-installation- download.html

Incase the error still persists, then the next best step would be to review your installation logs to determine the exact point of failure.

Please see Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html for information on how to locate and interpret the

installation log files.

Please feel free to inbox log file privately.

Regards,

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I tried your steps and it still has the same error. I found the install log it was called "Adobe Setup Error.log.gz. I went to the link that you provided and scrolled to the bottom of the log and I got this error "

ERROR: DW040: The product "{7F311193-9368-453B-989F-939FEBF374CC}" is not installed. Cannot proceed with the uninstall"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ace, run the Adobe Cleaner Tool, reboot – and then try the Creative Cloud direct links to download whatever CC app(s) you want, or the CC Desktop... 

Be sure to follow the important instructions there for the direct downloads...  Hopefully you'll have better luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suffer from the same error message "Creative Cloud desktop failed to install" on both my mobile and fixed Win 7 workstations every time there is a CC desktop update.

I am aware of the recommended procedure to correct this, but really shouldn't have to go through it with each update.

Can anyone tell me whether Adobe is aware that this is a very, very aggravating issue.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant change the name of oobe folder.

i have tried several times, shutted down the computer and so on.

it says it being used

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the Error Code 1 problem for me! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for solving this issue.  This is the only thing that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this solution worked for me 7-8-15. I just ran the Adobe Cleaner (DOS-Mode) uninstalled CC Cloud, Re-installed as Admin and work perfectly. I had no need in my case to Restart, or uninstall any other apps or programs. Thanks Again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, you need to FIX THIS! I have had this problem over the past several months many times and I am sick to death of dealing with it. FIX IT!!!!!

UPDATE: Maybe this will help those having this issue.

1. Download the "CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe".

2. Right-click the exe and select "Run as administrator".

3. After it installs, right-click the "Adobe Creative Cloud" desktop icon and again select "Run as administrator".

This is has been working for me recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem for TEN YEARS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's one of the beautiful things about Adobe. Just when you think you've rid yourself of a problem, just when you think they might have fixed something, it rears it's ugly head again 2 or 3 versions later. Snapping problems, coordinate rounding errors, the installation of Creative Cloud, the installation of Air, the installation of Acrobat, etc. etc. etc. etc.

It's quite amazing that a company of Adobe's caliber and importance in so many people's lives can continue to **** up so badly over and over and over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried running as administrator from set up.exe but try as I may it will not initialise-I have even totally re installed windows 10 to start from a clean slate but am no better off-have been at this now for two days -running cleaner tool uninstalling and trying to re install-for something you pay for every month this shouldn't be happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the difficulty you're having! Does it work when you use the Creative Cloud direct links?

You could try downloading & installing either the CC Desktop app and/or your desired CC application(s) via that approach, and see if you have better luck. Please let us know.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried direct links and most other things on forum.reinstalled windows

and still won't install, when I try and open the set up file,it goes as far

as allow app to make changes dialogue box, then closes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here! this is very upsetting and unacceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how I resolved this recurring problem. Painful, but it's worked for me.

First: I have Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit with McAfee virus protection.  I *thought* the virus scanner might be part of the problem, but disabling it didn't seem to change anything - so don't do that!

Symptom: Creative Cloud Update (the one where you have a choice to "Install" or ... wait there is no other choice) fails to install with the less than helpful message "Failed to Install"

Symptom: When you use Control Panel -> Programs and Features and attempt to UNINSTALL Creative Cloud Desktop, it present the unhelpful "Uninstall could not complete successfully" or something like that.

SOLUTION 1:

1. Get a shotgun.
  2. Point at any on-screen Adobe logo.
  3. Fire.
  4. Reload
  5. Fire again.

Solution 1 is more for stress relief than for getting actual results and may be illegal in your home, town or workplace, so only do Solution 1 as as mental exercise. Then try Solution 2:

SOLUTION 2:

1. Shutdown your computer.  (Start -> Shutdown).  You want the power to go OFF, as a "Shutdown -> Restart" may not get you back to the right place.
  2. Power on your computer WATCH CAREFULLY
  3. BEFORE windows actually starts, press and hold the F8 key go get the Custom Start Menu.
  4. Select "Safe Mode with Networking"
  5. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features
  6. Find "Adobe Creative Cloud" (mumble under your breath about how brain dead this software is <-- don't skip that part, it makes the process work better, trust me!)
  7. Right Click and select "Uninstall / Change"
  8. Let it run to completion. It should magically uninstall now, even if a prior attempt failed.
  9. Hop on your favorite browser.
  10. Navigate to https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud  NOTE: You may have to login to your account to get there.
  11. Click the download button.
  12. When done downloading, click to install.
  13. When done installing shout out "Take THAT! Hah!"
  14. Start -> Shutdown -> Restart
  15. Eventually you'll have to restart Creative Clod Desktrap, login again... etc.

Cross fingers and hope Adobe doesn't release another Cretin Clod Desktrap update tomorrow, and the day after that, and the week after that... If they do, restart at Solution 1, step 1 again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2013 Dec 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like there's an update every week, and every week I have to start in safe mode and deal with this garbage. This has been a problem forever, with Air and Acrobat products and now the same "feature" is built into CC. Adobe, you really need to get your act togather. I'm paying more than $50 a month for garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud desktop app has been updated once per month, per the release notes.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well aren't you helpful. Saying "It seems like", doesn't mean that there actually ARE updates every week, though the previous 2 updates WERE a week apart (the 28th of Oct and the 6th of Nov). Having personally put off the one from the 6th until this week, because they're such a pain, meant I've been looking at this pending update all month, only to get the alert for the one from Dec 19th today... in addtion to actual application updates, which can't be done until CC is updated. Furthermore, I only use my laptop once every other week or so for work outside my office so it needs updating at alternating intervals from my desktop which increases the frequency I am having to update a machine somewhere with this faulty software (that's 4 times this week alone).

All that being said, have you got a solution to the actual problem? My accuracy in stating the frequency of the issue doesn't make it any less of a problem, nor is it an excuse for Adobe not to solve it after all this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution 2 was similar for me, but with Window 7 Professional I was given the option to "repair" when I went to Control Panel / Uninstall. That worked. Rebooted in normal mode and signed in again. All running normally. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2014 Mar 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In times of desperation, I just deleted all the files/folders from C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ that I could. The folders that I didn't have the right permissions to delete I just used my "Take ownership" conext menu addon I found online. When there were no files/folders left and I renamed OOBE to OOBE.old I was able to re-install "update" Adobe Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had some luck following the advice posted in another thread about the same issue. In that one the person suggested downloading the Creative Cloud desktop and then uninstalling the current version before installing the new one. That has worked for me and it's a bit faster than starting in safe mode every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying for 4 days straight to download the CC desktop app. I have a brand new Dell desktop that I'm trying to get up and running w/CC. I spent 3 hours (maybe more?) on the phone w/adobe today and still nothing. They say it's my ISP. Yea, my ISP is blocking adobe.com ... I doubt it. I successfully installed Adobe Creative Cloud, along with a dozen apps on another computer in my house over a year ago and it's been fine. Haven't updated any apps in a few months, but I also haven't had any connection issues (just haven't necessarily tried in a few months). So last week I got another license (for personal use) ... tried to install on TWO other/separate computers in the house (one Windows 7, one Windows 8) and NOTHING. I'm so upset. I suppose I'll call back tomorrow, but if anyone else has had any luck with any other possible solutions, I'm all ears. Sometimes I really miss a good ole CD install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in fact you can actually still get a Creative Cloud DVD – yes, even for the CC apps, when needed...

Another alternative, mentioned above, is to try downloading any/all of the CC tools without using the Creative Cloud Desktop App (via the Adobe CC direct links), and see how that works for you.

Hope that helps, one way or the other!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines