• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player stopped working for Chrome in Windows 8

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randomly, the flash player stopped working for Chrome. I run a Windows 8 system. Everytime I go to a website that uses the flash plugin (youtube, video streaming websites) a bar pops up telling me that the plug in will only work in the desktop. I've never encountered this problem before.

I have:

1. Checked to see if I needed updates. I'm all updated.

2. Reinstalled Chrome to try and fix it, to no avail.

Additionally, when I view the Flash Player settings from my control panel, under Advanced Settings, it says that the plug in version is not installed. However, I'm unable to click on that or click on the settings that say "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)".

What is going on? I really disllike running Chrome from the desktop and would like this to be fixed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sherylt7 wrote:

Randomly, the flash player stopped working for Chrome. I run a Windows 8 system. Everytime I go to a website that uses the flash plugin (youtube, video streaming websites) a bar pops up telling me that the plug in will only work in the desktop. I've never encountered this problem before.

I have:

1. Checked to see if I needed updates. I'm all updated.

2. Reinstalled Chrome to try and fix it, to no avail.

Additionally, when I view the Flash Player settings from my control panel, under Advanced Settings, it says that the plug in version is not installed. However, I'm unable to click on that or click on the settings that say "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)".

What is going on? I really disllike running Chrome from the desktop and would like this to be fixed.

Chrome uses its own "proprietary" build of Flash Player, so you WON'T see any plugin in your control panel for it. You verify that it's enabled by typing "chrome://plugins" in your Chrome address bar. I'd provide a screenshot but I've REMOVED Chroime from EVERY system I have because it uses WAY TOO MUCH processor and  it was launching by itself in the background on my Win 8 machine. I won't tolerate that out of ANY software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines