Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Delete WebHelp Files in RoboHelp 10

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have generated both WebHelp and HTML Help for one of my projects, and I want to keep only the HTML Help.  How do I properly delete the WebHelp files?

Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just hop into Explorer and delete the \!SSL!\WebHelp\ folder – easy as pi !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, Jeff!  Glad it's that simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Output is disposable – the project files are not ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might as well ask...then can I just delete a topic file through Windows Explorer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s part of the project – I think best practices advises doing it within RH – but I don’t ever delete topics in my current RH projects, so I’m not 100% sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary

The answer is "it depends".

If you are talking about deleting a SOURCE topic, you really don't want to use Explorer. You want to do that from inside RoboHelp. But if you are talking about an OUTPUT topic, indeed you may delete that using Explorer. However, keep in mind that any links to it will break.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project that has gone through many edits and many RoboHelp versions over the years, and some of the people doing the work knew how to use RoboHelp and some didn't (as you can tell, I'm not an expert myself but know that I need to be careful).  So there are some htm files that are outdated docs/topics and don't appear in the Topics pod anyway...

Thanks, guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe there’s an “Unused Topics” report built into RH that will identify those ones, but I’m not sure what method should be used to get rid of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anything that shows in Unused Reports can be deleted via Windows Explorer.

Suggest you create a zipped backup first, just in case you get something wrong.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp