• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clients not allowed to broadcast message.

Explorer ,
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is showing up in my logs, and i have no idea what is causing it and can't find any more details elsewhere.

Dropping application (stream_app/_definst_) message. Clients not allowed to broadcast message.

It doesn't happen very often, about once every 1 to 2 days.  Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bumpy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We just resently started having this same problem.  We are distributing live video streams using RTMFP. 

Dropping application (multicast/_definst_) message. Clients not allowed to broadcast message.

What does this message mean? 

I've noticed that the stream will stop publishing from the server to the mulitcast group.  This happens multiple times a day on all 11 of our live streams.

Also, I can fix the live multicast stream if I stop and restart the encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines