• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash player does not work (google chrome)

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a google chrome browser on a windows 8 PC.

First, flashplayer worked perfectly, but since yesterday all I get are those flasplayer puzzle pieces instead of videos and images. When I click on the puzzle piece I get the text 'deze plugin werkt alleen op het bureaublad' (translated to English it means something like 'this plugin does only work on the desktop')
I did not download any new programms on my PC or removed programms.
My version of google chrome is up to date.I installed flash player for other browsers.

I googled how to solve this problem and tried the things listed on the adobe site to solve my proble, but nothing worked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing a lot of this the last few days. Apparently it's something in Google Chrome that won't allow Flash Player (Chrome has its own Flash Player plugin and THEY maintain & configure it) to work from the "tiled" or non-desktop mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a known issue that we're working with Google to resolve.  Here are some steps that have helped some users work around this problem.

1. Exit chrome, make sure it is not running

2. using file explorer go to c:\users\<user name>\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\pepperflash

3. Delete the folders you see there

4. Start chrome again, it should work now.

notes:

<user_name> is your logon name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines