• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Settings file read error in :C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings\Standard.joboptions

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I have the following case. When I try to print (create) a PDF using Office or any other Windows application that can print, I get the following error: "Adobe PDF Settings file read error in :C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings\Standard.joboptions". I tried to do what you have proposed in similar cases but didn't work. I have Adobe Acrobat Standard 10.1.6 and I have had this problem since my update to this version. I cannot print even with different settings than the "Standard.joboptions".

Any idea?

Thanks,

Vassilios

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Please try the following steps

1. Open Control Panel/"Regional and Language Settings" dialog on XP and Windows 7

2. Click the "Customize" button on "Regional Options" tab

3. Choose decimal as "Decimal Symbol". Press OK, Apply

4. Launch Distiller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on Windows 7 or Windows 8.  You don't have the permissions to change the files in that location with your current user account.  You may want to try creating a new account with admin priveleges and then see if it works.  If it does then your profile is hosed.  If not then you might want to reinstall Acrobat.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your current account, try seeing if you can access the items in the folder. If not, you might check the permissions and possibly change the permissions for that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabian, I work on a Windows 7 notebook.

Hi Bill, I can access these files, but I don't have the permission to change their properties (read-only, hidden). Actually my PC  belongs to a domain. I don't know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening the files in either Distiller or the Adobe PDF Printer and then Save them as a custom setting.  The new files get saved to your user profile.  ( C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings )  You don't have to change them at all except for the name.  Then you should be able to access all of the regular settings.  That item taken care of it appears that whoever administers your domain did not set the folder permissions correctly. You and others probably have the same problem on the domain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open the files. I get error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vassilios,

Try launching Adobe Distiller.

Do you see Job options in Adobe Distiller?

If not, please check if you see parser failure message in Adobe Distiller.

"Adobe PDF Settings file read error in Standard joboptions:general parser failure."

~ Aditya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see:

Adobe PostScript software version: 3018.101

Adobe PDF Settings file read error in High Quality Print.joboptions:

general parser failureAdobe PDF Settings file read error in PDFA1b 2005 CMYK.joboptions:

general parser failureAdobe PDF Settings file read error in PDFA1b 2005 RGB.joboptions:

general parser failureAdobe PDF Settings file read error in Press Quality.joboptions:

general parser failureAdobe PDF Settings file read error in Smallest File Size.joboptions:

general parser failureAdobe PDF Settings file read error in Standard.joboptions:

general parser failure

Anything from this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following steps

1. Open Control Panel/"Regional and Language Settings" dialog on XP and Windows 7

2. Click the "Customize" button on "Regional Options" tab

3. Choose decimal as "Decimal Symbol". Press OK, Apply

4. Launch Distiller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! The problem is solved! Great thanks!!!!

So, simple but so hard to know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, it does solve that problem with Acrobat!

But now a new problem is introduced: whenever I use a real number, I get the number with a decimal point instead of the decimal comma.

In my region, we use the comma and not the point.

Can you please help me to solve this problem?

Kind regards,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you do with the resto of the world? where decimal is ","

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WOW! Thank You!  Thank You!  Thank You!  Thank You!
So simple, and works. I had the same problem 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you with people that works in European currency and the decimal point is ',' a comma and not a point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the above mentioned solution. After launching Acrobat, (and closing it if you feel like it), you should be able to return to your preferred regional options. Just use an English region profile (e.g. UK/US which uses . for ,) when launching distiller.

I reset my regional options, did a reboot, and tested the pdf printer. (I too am on a domain pc, so I just wanted to make sure my settings wasn't overwritten by some default user profile resetting) It all seems to be working fine, job options are now editable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines