• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.Mov files in CC : The File Has no Audio or Video Streams

Participant ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated premier to CC , since i have issues iimporting any .mov files at all.

The specific ones Im trying for my current project are exports from AE , rendered lossless animation .mov , worked fine in CS6 , will play in quicktime and other generic's but always getting the The FIle Has no Audio or Video Streams message when trying to import into a project.

Quicktime is updated so I can't understand why the won't play, is this a CC bug ?

i go back to cs6 on my other comp they open fine...

Ive seen a few topics on this none with a resolution and most of those where from cam's, this is an export from AE, anyone able to help this is stopping me from working atm ......

troy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

I'd tried that, didn't work for me, I think it was a clash with sorreson for me, I reinstalled is and all progs apart from squeeze and have no issues now, when I've got time to do a recovery point and test it out i will, right now got to much work to spend time on it

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so i tried to dynamicly link my AE sequences, and AE is giving a "Quicktime is not installed on this system message" ....

This is most likely the issue, but i repaired my installation .. no go .. unistalled and reinstalled... no go ... updated via quicktime player to latest version .. no go ..

Is the bug in CC , possibly can't detect the registry entry of QT or what ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My patience with this is really getting exhausted. I uninstalled all Adobe software and quicktime remove preferences and all, reinstalled everything , updated everuthing and still the same issue with importing I've wasted an entire day on a very tight schedule...

im about to do it all again and use the CC cleaner...

any help would be extremely appreciated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export the AE files to another format, see if that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a point in one way, but its a work around for somthing that is malfunctioning... it "should" just be working

for this particual project i may end up just using another lossless format, but it doesn't fix the issue, and AE is reporting that Quicktime isn't installed which may in turn cause more issues down the track, i don't see many other possibilities but a bug, but i am going to test this on another machine with the same project and see if it replicates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont you need to get the project out of the door?

In the meantime tested it: exported from AE6 to mov animation codec and imported it in ProCC, no error message.

Or export again from AE with the animation codec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up taking the most painful time consuming route, but effective in the end.

Complete fresh install of Win 7 64 , was very particular about keeping restore points along the way.

I have not found what the issue was and im still trying to pin point it, my list of suspects

1. Sorenson Squeeze

2. Apple Trackpad Drivers

3. Da'vinci

4. Comodo

obviously i will need most of these installed in the future, so ill be creating a restore point before each install then testing, if and when i find the culpret i will update this post so others can find it in the future

Troy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys. I had the same annoying problem in Premiere CC but I found an easy fix. Uninstall the latest version of Quicktime and install an older version. That's it! I got a year old version of Quicktime for Win 7 x64 here: http://www.oldapps.com/quicktime_player.php?system=Windows_7_x64

Let me know if it works for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd tried that, didn't work for me, I think it was a clash with sorreson for me, I reinstalled is and all progs apart from squeeze and have no issues now, when I've got time to do a recovery point and test it out i will, right now got to much work to spend time on it

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how this has been listed as the correct answer. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I'm having exactly the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Sorreson? I can't find it anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works 

Thank You - Your advice was the Best 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if people stopped using Apple proprietary codecs there wouldn't be a problem.  Why even use .mov?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked also with the new update (updatet via Apple Software Updater)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the latest version of Premier CC and Yosemite OS X. At first i have no problem with ANIMATION codec, but from one moment to another i could not longer playback those clips in the timeline, neither import them to the project. The only solution for me was use another codec, and PRORES gave me a lot of room to work, and compatibility!.

(sorry for my english, i am latin american)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update* This worked for me, I uninstalled Quicktime with CleanMyMac3 and Reinstalled Quicktime 7 and all worked perfectly. Thanks for all the effort guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks //it again work// PC win8.1 // i solved this problem with uninstall newest quick-time codec and install old  ver  7.60.92.0 from applesupport

QuickTime 7.6 for Windows

thanks a Lot to tanuki1323

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tanuki1323​

Thankyou! Quicktime 7.2 fixed the issue for me

>  old version of Quicktime for Win 7 x64 here:http://www.oldapps.com/quicktime_player.php?system=Windows_7_x64

Note: My antivirus advised me against visiting the  link, but I ignored it and downloaded anyway.

Works fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can verify that Apple screen recordings without audio do not import into any Adobe premeier.

Details on screen recording from Gspot v2.70a:

H.264

qt  : Apple QuickTime (.MOV/QT)

File Type: QuickTime (.MOV)

Mime Type: video/quicktime

Len: 1:03.083

Frms: 1,521

Qf: 0.153

Frames/s: 20.000

wx: 1280 x 800

sar: 1.600 (8:5)

However Apple (MAC OSX) screen recordings WITH audio will import.

I would think this should be fixable with hotfixes...

If you (adobe staff) have access to macbook pros 2012 or 2013 models, open quick time pro, do a screen recording, make sure no audio is recording, just your screen movements.. then export to 1080p video (mov is only option).. then on a windows PC try to import that file into adobe premiere. The file will play perfectly fine natively in windows with any player so long as a H264 decoder is available on that system... the problem here is Adobe Premiere. Not the users system.

Edit:

To help those with this issue.. just make sure when you render your mov that you have ANY kind of audio in it.. and just remove the audio track once imported into premiere. I know it's frustrating and you would think something as simple as not having an audio track wouldn't break premiere but alas... we have to work around the shortcomings until they decide to fix it.. just like the VFR issue in premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 29, 2014 Mar 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am having the same issue, except I am on a Mac. What's more, when I had OSX Lion installed, these files worked just fine. Two days ago I "upgraded" to Mavericks and now am having this issue.

Anyone have any new light to shed on this issue? Adobe, have you looked at this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 29, 2014 Mar 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for me, with the "upgrade" to Mavericks, there is a new version of quicktime which demands legacy formats be converted before they will play. That seems to be the issue here. Yay Apple. Nothing like progress to make life more difficult.

It seems this is an old issue, but maybe some late Mavericks adopter like me might benefit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to fix the error by reinstalling premiere pro cc?

I did the same thing but the error keep showing up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It's really frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe's Tech support really seems to be lacking here. This is a common problem I struggle with. I'm considering switching to an alternative video editing platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem with PP CC. And I uninstalled Quicktime and installed a version from 2011. Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines