Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsuccesful download of adobe flash 11.8

Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do I keep getting a blue screen when I install adobe flash player 11.8 multilingual in internet explorer/Vista?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know; what are the details on the blue screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the blue screen says uninstall the previous install of hardware or whatever you installed. if this is the first notice just shut off the computer. it happened twice.it seeemed to be ditchinting something to a disk. not so sure about all this.

thanks

951poi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no error code or module name?  If indeed not, can you check if there are more information in the Event Viewer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Administrative events reports   critical error from all administrative logs. other than that I don't know what I'm looking for under event viewer.there doesn't seem to be anything suspicous other than the admin logs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blue screen came up again and this time it says bad pool header. Is that Flash Player or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad Pool Header is not something you want to see. It usually means Hard drive problems, but it can (on very rare occasions) be "just an OS problem". I put that in quotes because "just an OS problem" in this case is ONLY remedied by completely reinstalling your Operating System, and that's in the rare event that your hard drive isn't on its last leg.  From another forum (http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/208817-bad-pool-header-bsod.html)

Your crashes could be related to system file corruption or errors on the hard disk. Use Advanced Boot Options to select Repair Your Computer and get to System Recovery Options and start command prompt.

Click Start and Run (or press the Windows key+R)

Type:

sfc /scannow

Run this three times

Yes, three times (unless the first time gives the message that there were no integrity violations). If that does not work, get into command prompt the Run command box as before and run the following lines.

chkdsk /r c:

chkdsk /r d:

chkdsk /r e:

chkdsk /r f:

until it says it cannot open the volume.

If the SFC (system file checker) shows errors it cannot repair... you need to reinstall your OS.  Or if the chkdsk (check disk) says it cannot complete the  check, then it's your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2013 Sep 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. After the last repley I went to the control Panel and checked problems and reports only to find it was a driver failure. I then hit restore and that seems to have fixed the problem. Not sure why I didn't think of that first. Thanks so much for the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines