• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manually add Glossary links

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2006 Nov 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a glossary and used the wizard to create hotspots for expanding text - and that works for about 90% of what I need. But, sometimes I'd like to tweak what the wizard has done - i.e. instead of linking to the first word of a screen title, link to the first occurrence of the term in the body of the helptext. I know how to right click and remove expanding text. But is there a way to insert it? I think I could probably manage this by editing the HTML, but I'm hoping someone has found an easier way! Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 27, 2006 Nov 27, 2006
Hi twimom and welcome to our community

One easy way would be to simply select and copy the hotspot. When you paste elsewhere, the expanding text should be carried along for the ride.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2006 Nov 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi twimom and welcome to our community

One easy way would be to simply select and copy the hotspot. When you paste elsewhere, the expanding text should be carried along for the ride.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2006 Nov 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - that works, although it sometimes requires careful tweaking of the TrueCode (but is easier than doing it all w/in the code which was my first thought).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2007 Mar 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Let me just add this for posterity -- You can also select the text you want to be the Glossary hotspot and then drag the glossary term over from the Glossary tab onto your selected text. When I get fed up with the Glossary Wizard, that's what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp