• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suppressing sections from a topic

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Robohelp10 is there a way to suppress information or a section from a topic?  Or is the option to only suppress the entire topic?  Even though the topic or section is not searchable, can anyone find it?  Another question - could we suppress either a section of a topic or the entire topic by business role or is it an all or nothing type feature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you wanting to simply avoid the section being found during a search? Or do you not want the text to appear at all?

Or even possibly "hide" the section until it is needed, then reveal it?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Actually both if that makes any sense at all.

Within a Topic I have two types of information listed, some for an end User and other for a Support function.  Would I be able to set it up so that only end Users can see some information where the Support User would be able to see everything?

Would I need to separate the information into two topics; one for the end User and the other for Support?

Hiding a section would be useful as long as I can hide it from some users and not all users.

Thx

Joanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Typically that will mean creating two different help outputs. One output intended for the end user and the other intended for Support. You would then generate two different help outputs and point the appropriate group to their intended output.

Although I might imagine you could somewhat accomplish your goal by using inline frames. You would insert the inline frames and configure them to point to additional topics that would only be present if the Support person would be viewing the content.

You migth experiment with that.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...I will experiment with inline frames.  But I had a feeling that the best option would be to create a separate Help output.  Because at this point I have one help output and I have two folders created within Program Manager and the TOC, one for End User and one for Support.  But as long as it is under one help output file, everyone can see everything regardless.

I will play around with the inline frames option.

Thank you again.

Joanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering about Content Categories (Dynamic User Centric Content)?

You could have a Welcome topic telling users to select their group and then they will see just what you want them to see. They would be able to select either option though.

It is described in the sample projects and in the RoboHelp Tour on my site. Look in the New Features for Rh9.

It may not be what you want but it's worth a look.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

I will check it out...good to know about the different features, if it does not work for me in this scenario, there may be a need for it in another.

Thank you!

Joanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp