• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player not working in IE 10, Windows 7 64 bit version

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system is Windows 7 64bit version with IE 10.  Adobe Flash Player will not work in IE 10.  I have tried an unistall and a clean install with no success.  I can hear the video but not see it.  I also have Mozilla Firefox installed on my computer and Adobe Flash Player does work with it.  This has been going on for about a month.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as Murph127.

HP Pavilion dm4, IE10(32bit), Win7 64bit, latest version of  Flash.

Tried downgrading to IE9 - no succes.

Tried downgrading to previous version of Flash - no succes.

Also tried the uninstall/clean install as Murph - no success.

Checked the two things you suggested, Pat.

Flashplayer addon was already enabled, and ActiveX filtering is not enabled.

The things is, when I go to this site to check my installation, it tells me that I will eithersee my version diplayed in the box, or an errormessage indicating I have issues with my Flash installation:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Well I'm seeing neither - just a blank box.

I have the same problem on another HP laptop (Folio 13, Win7 64bit, IE10 32 bit).

I'm pretty sure this all started when I installed IE10 sometime in March when it was released - but how come downgrading to IE9 did not do the trick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if a newer device driver is available for your display adapter: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked it - I've already got the newest driver installed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Murph I had similar trouble with Win7 64bit Ultimate using IE10. Found out that Java was not installed properly. Suggest you start by having a clean install of both Java and Adobe Flash. Make sure Java is working properly. The Java site is quite good and you can test that is working before downloading Adobe Flash. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. The fix that seems to have worked for me on multiple computers is to open IE10, hit the Tools cog at top right, go to Manage Add-Ons and make sure "Shockwave Flash Object" is Enabled. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you've checked to make sure that Shockwave Flash is enabled in IE's addons manager and you do not have ActiveX filtering enabled, Could you check to see if you have the following Windows update installed?

KB2670838 – Platform Update for Windows 7 x64

If so, please first try updating your video drivers and if it still occurs uninstall the update and try Flash Player out again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shockwave Flash enabled - check.

ActiveX filtering disabled - check.

Latest video drivers installed - check.

Uninstalled KB2670838.

Bingo! Now the Flash player is working in IE9.

The only issue is that now the update to IE10 fails with error code 9C59, but that's a different issue I will search for answers to.

Thanks for the assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone - did everything above, no joy.  Fixed my problem by changing rendering on Internet Options, Advanced to software rather than GPU.  Hey presto! Sorted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rcsmith139 - Great to hear you resolved this problem.  Could you post your dxdiag report so I can see what GPU and driver you are using?

DXDiag Instructions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

HP Pavilion dv6 with switchable graphics – Intel HD/AMD Radeon 7470m

dxdiag extract below

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0126&SUBSYS_185D103C&REV_09
Display Memory: 3860 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1070 MB
Shared Memory: 2789 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: CMO15A2
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.989Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2476 (English)
Driver Version: 8.882.2.3000

Regards

rcsmith139

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Was there a driver date field in the Display Devices section?  The latest version from Intel is dated 3/21/13) and has a version number of 15.28.15.64.3062.  You might want to look into updating this driver if possible, it might allow you to turn GPU acceleration back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris - did as you suggested however used Intel Update Utlity downloaded driver update however turned the screen almost unreadable (bright red)??!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not supposed to happen...  I've actually never seen a screen do a color shift like that with a simple driver update.  Can you try installing the driver again?  Which version did it install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris - Intel Utility scanned machine (HP Pavilion dv6 (6c77sa)) and suggested ver. 15.28.15.64.3062 (9.17.10.3062).  Interestingly HP Software & Driver download site lists this as the latest version - 2012-04-12 ,  Version:8.15.10.2476?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Postscript - found a thread on Intel Support Community where an HP user with similar machine (HP Pavilion dv7)  had same problem - thread ref 33191.  Problem is dual graphics on these laptops (Intel/AMD) and seems you have to update not only Intel but AMD and Catalist Control Center drivers - how complicated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, since this is an acknowledged bug that seems to be impacting Flash pretty heavily, are you guys going to work on a patch or just leave it to MS to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will/would be a fix from Microsoft.  They might have already done this in a recent KB update as it seems like the number of these reports have died down over the last few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even download or install Flash player add on in Internet Explorer. I have a program that requires it and IE 10 to access it's library of 3d objects and it does not work. I have clean installed about 10 times. Firefox and Chrome work. IE 10 cannot even install. I've been trying to remedy this for over 6 months now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ArtHome5b - Please try installing from the appropriate standalone Windows installers located here:

Installation Problems - http://adobe.ly/YiOXAS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this is a tad frustrating.

Without having installed any new updates since I assumedly fixed my problem, the issue just now reappeared i.e. Flash non-working in IE9 but working fine in Firefox.

So back to this thread.

I tried above option (changing rendering on Internet Options, Advanced to software rather than GPU) and that also worked for me.

The frustration is not knowing what caused this to happen again - I do not allow any automatic updates on my computers as I want to be in (sort of) control of what gets updated. So now I just wait for it to happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recommendation to uninstall KB2670838 was the only thing that resolved my client's issue. Thank you very, very much!

Symptoms: In IE9 and IE10 could view flash video clips (Youtube, etc.) but not animations/sliders, Firefox and Chrome had no problems with anything Flash related.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit

Downgraded to IE9 from IE10 and then back up again. Made sure latest Shockwave flash object was enabled in add ons and had ActiveX filtering turned off.

Tried removing Flash uisng various methods, rebooting, reintalling, even installed older versions of Flash with no luck.

Finally uninstalled KB2670838 and all is well in IE10. Also changed Windows update to not automatically downlaod and install any future updates so as to keep KB2670838 at bay.

Suggested to client to ditch IE and just use Chrome, but she prefers IE. Go figure.

Thanks again for the great advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris I did that so many times and it won't let me download the latest flash player on my Windows 8.  I will hold Dell responsible for selling a defected product.  When my new PC arrived, I checked and it came with pre-downloaded 32bit version and my PC is 64bit.   It also came with a pre-downloaded primitive version of Adobe Flash Player that won't even let you update it to the latest.  Very Frustrated and I will never purchase Dell computer ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maxroy13 wrote:

it won't let me download the latest flash player on my Windows 8.

Why don't you respond in your own topic http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1187872 that you started on April 9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines