• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video from landscape to portrait set up

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company is renting a kiosk for showing a video at a trade show.  The layout is portrait like you can see in this link: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/902922756/55_inch_1080p_shopping_mall_advertising.html?s=p

So, now my challenge is to edit an entire video in portrait layout.  I've checked the settings when setting up a new sequence, but when I try to change the video previews from 1920x1080 to 1080x1920, the height is automatically changed to 607 in the height section.

How do I set up the video to be viewed BOTH during editing as well as seeing it portrait on the kiosk?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview files may be restricted here, but that's OK.  They're just previews and don't have any impact on the export.

Set up your sequence as desired, and then do the same with the export when it's time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can't see the layout I want the video to appear in, then I might as well be shooting in the dark.  How do I know how things will appear on screen when exported?  That's why I want to be able to view this in portrait layout while editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sequence settings will allow you to set up the desired sequence  Just ignore the preview part of the sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please shed some light on the subject and tell me how to set up the desired sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > New > Sequence...  (Ctrl+N)

Settings Tab, select 'Custom' from the drop-down list:

Custom.PNG

Using the 'Custom' Sequence settings, you can define the frame size,

pixel aspect ratio, scan type and frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the example below, you will see that the previews are not full size, but they don't need to be. They are just previews to help you see them on screen.

What they are, is the right proportion in the right orientation.

To create a sequence that fits your needs, drop some portrait video on to the "New Item" button. Or use a 1080X1920 image, like I did. Or just manually create your sequence.

Capture.PNG

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a great idea, Steve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like it will work.  But, the screen shots are showing up blurry.  Could you please provide the numbers you have here for the width and height?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Post 5.

Click the image to enlarge or download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a couple of attempts, I finally got it.  Now I know why video is shot in landscape and not portrait.  Landscape allows you to see more action move across the screen and tells a better story.  BUT, we still plan to use the kiosk at the show and I need this information for my kiosk screen.  (Never thought I'd say this), but many thanks, Joe Bloe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(Never thought I'd say this), but many thanks, Joe Bloe!

Never thought I'd say this, but you're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines