Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ID problems on Story HD

Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recntly purchased some ebooks from Bookworld and wanted to download them to my iRiver Stoy HD. I had some books on it already which I am able to read. However my home computer died a few months ago and when I used my new laptop I haad to download adobe digital version 2.0. I subsequently transferred the new books to my Story HD but when I went to read them the following message appeared: "A different Adobe ID has been autorised for use on the device. E_ADEPT_CORE_USER_NOT_ACTIVATED". I read that adobe digital version 1.7 wouldn't cause this problem but couldn't find it to downlaod.

How can I fi this please? HELP!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you register your ADE2.0 with the same ID you had used before?

If not, that is the reason you can't read the books.

As you suggest, there are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines