• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link to open Word document

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2007 Mar 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a document system with RoboHelp 6. I'd like to create a link that would open a word document that is our business template. This needs to open the Word program and then open the document file.

Is this possible? How?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2007 Mar 21, 2007
Create a hyperlink pointing to the file, same as any other hyperlnk. The target needs to be in your project or you'll need an absolute path.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

See Snippet 22 on my site. More recently I have seen something that leads me to believe there may be a way of doing what you want on an intranet. I'll try to find something out tomorrow.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the snippit 22 and when I went to save the doc it froze my machine. I was able to unfreeze my machine but I was not able to save the document. Any suggestions?

Actually this is published on our Intranet so that would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2007 Mar 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I just checked our intranet and it does in fact work the same way as the web. Click on a link to a doc file and you get a dialogue box asking if you want to open in Word or save the file, that happens in both Firefox and IE and both give the user the option to always open such files in whichever way they choose. That option can be disabled though by the Administrator.

So what you want can be done. You might want to add a note to the link. Otherwise it is a training matter.

Hope that helps.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link works great. Now how do I create a similar link? I was not able to copy your link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a hyperlink pointing to the file, same as any other hyperlnk. The target needs to be in your project or you'll need an absolute path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That works great! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp