Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

chm help not being created

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2007 Mar 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I'm running into a new problem w/ RH 5.0.1. When i try to create my html help, no longer will the compiled process finish. it quicks soon after it starts, and says the help has been created, but nothing is created, and no compiling occurs on screen. The only changes i've made since last doing this is adding several new images into the doc. These are simply pasted in. Is it possible doc sizes are too big to compile? If so, is there a suggestion on how to correct? should i make more docs, but of smaller number of topics? Or is there a better way to place images in the help file so size is not an issue, like true code? if so, how would i convert all existing embedded (pasted) images to true code without needing to start over. I wasn't able to find the 'convert document' choice as explained in the RH help file.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2007 Mar 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have posted in the RH HTML forum but you are talking about docs and converting images to true code. Sounds like this should be in the RH for Word forum?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again Peter...

I have found that if i create additional sub documents and spread my help topics into these additional documents, i am once again able to compile w/o problems. So it seems there is a limit in the size of a document for the compiling process.

Sorry to have posted this in the wrong forum.

Regards,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically it is advised that you keep the document within say 100 topics.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I might have had less # of topics, but lots of embedded images... so that combination caused my problems...

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having images showing as images when you compile using RH for Word will likely crash it. You should always use the menu option and convert to true code first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I found the choice to convert the document.

if i need to go back the other way in case of a problem converting, is there a choice for that as well?

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's a toggle. When the images are displaying, you choose true code before compiling. Afterwards when you want your images back, you choose that option. Just don't compile with images showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp