• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single Source Printed Documentation glitches in Index

Mar 20, 2007 Mar 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been using the RoboHelp 6 trial. I have found that there are some two pronlems with my Index:

1. Two grey lines appear within the Index. I suspect that these grey lines are a part of the border property set in Heading 1 in the Word template I have attached to the project. There are two lines within the index, cutting through the index text, and their placement seems random. (see a screen capture of one of these lines at this address: http://www.hyperexciting.com/robohelp/rh_index_line.jpg The other line appears right after the index.

2. The first index entries under some letters are centered right under the letter (In the screen capture, URL below, the word that is incorrectly centered ("Partner") is circled in green. The place where it SHOULD be printed is indicated by the blue arrow ("Partner" should begin in the same column that "My" does: http://www.hyperexciting.com/robohelp/rh_index_1.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jennifer Bennett

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2007 Mar 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but those links don't work for me.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Sorry but those links don't work for me.

Hi Peter,

What kind or error message do you receive when you click on the links?

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer,

I agree with you that the grey lines are probably a border issue. I know I've experienced the letters centering before, and I just don't remember what the issue was. Any chance you could send the word doc and template to me. My email address is lori at txlconsulting dot com. Otherwise, if Peter can know see the links, he can probably figure it out.

-Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't getting an error, it was just failing to load but I can see the content now.

I am not sure what the cause is but I would say Lori's pointer to styles is the cause. I would take up the kind offer.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer,

This is what I have found.

The grey line is a border issue. It is a bottom border attached to the Heading 1 style. When RoboHelp generates your document, it is making the word index a Heading 1. It is also making the index itself a Heading 1. Here's how to fix this:

1. Right click somewhere within the Index.

2. Click Toggle Field Codes.

3. Your index should now display as code and look like this:

{Index \e " " \h "A" \c "2" \z "1033" \* MERGEFORMAT}

4. That line has the style Heading 1 attached to it. Change it to Normal.

The index entry problem is a problem with the Index 1 style. It has a tab setting of 2.75. When your index entry is a short word, it is picking up one of the built-in tab settings for the hanging indent. You could add an extra Tab or two to the entries that look funny, but you'd need to do that every time you generated the file, so that's not efficient. Instead, I would get rid of the hanging indent built into the Index 1 style.

Let me know if this makes sense to you. :-)

-Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2007 Mar 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Lori!

I'm going to need to manually go into my RH-generated Word document and set that code to Normal each time I generate the Word document, right?

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp