• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web installer Java script error, file deletes it self

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i try to install Flash player or Adobe reader via WEB installer i get Script error, Object doesn't not support property or method text , http://127.0.0.1:7764/app/_js/main-merge.js. This happens on freshly installed Windows 7. 8.0. 8.1, on 20+ different Computers, on IE and Firefox, only full offline installers works, which is not happy solution for me, and also installer deletes it self and instalation gets stuck in memmory. All latest updates are installed on PC's, including latest Java, and we tried without any Antivirus solutions.

EDIT:Can i get some answers from Adobe regarding this? There are tons of costomers calling me now with same  issue, nobody can update their Adobe Reader/Flash player using your WEB installer.

I just freshly installed one Server 2012 without single softawre or anything, and tried instlaling Adobe reader  and i got this:

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag30/ivicask/Error_zpseb3cd862.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ivicask wrote:

Bumping..

Not much patience...?

I don't know what causes the JavaScript errors; I have never seen it myself.

But then I don't use the web installers; I always use the offline installers.  Why is that not a solution for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because we are small company, and i got tons users calling me because of this, dont know how to even explain them offline installers, or where to find them (which btw isnt very intuitive from adobe site or easy to find), i uploaded offline installers to my web server and giving users link to that, but its very anyoing, and dont understand why this suddenly happens for everyone..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't happen to everyone; If it were happening to me, I could have a look what's wrong using JavaScript debugging.

Your topic may or may not be noticed by Adobe staff; the only way to get a problem to Adobe is by filing a bug report with as much info, screenshots, etc. at https://bugbase.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this happnes on any browser, and any windows, i get fresh pre-installed PCs/laptops from our suplayer and it has same problems..

As i wrote i installed fresh windows server on PC without anything else installed and this happens.

Also your link above doenst open for me some error this page has re-direction loop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY GOD, i found out why it happens only for us. I switched regional settings to English and error is GONE, only happens when all is set to Croatian, but this is obivosly Adobes side error, where can i actualy make proper bug report if you say nobody reads this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the right place to report website problems.  Product bugs can be reported at https://bugbase.adobe.com/ but download issues...?

You could try http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup - there is always an Adobe staff presence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...confirming the issue is still there 5 days later.

Both Acrobat Reader and Flash installers are totally broken.

This prevents from installing them, offline installers do not seem to be available for Windows.

Fortunately the proposed solution of switching to English regional settings did help - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ufoon wrote:

offline installers do not seem to be available for Windows.

They are:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines