• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QuickTime and Windows 8

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just resolve my problem to install Premiere Element 11 on my Ultrabook.

The new problem is that Windows 8 is installed on this Ultrabook and, and Apple doesn't still uprgrate QuickTime to run on windows 8.

Do you think I really need it ?

For now I wait and it seems to run for my AVCHD files.

I suppose the problem will come with my MOV files ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Hunt,

The latest version of QuickTime 7.7.4 is available and works on Windows 8 64 bit in conjunction with

Premiere Elements 11 et al.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am surprised that Apple has not updated QT Player for Win8, but then do not have Win8 on any machines. I do see that QT Player 7 does not list Win8, as a host OS, but since I have not read of issues with QT Player and Win8, would suspect that it does work with that OS - but others, with Win8, will need to confirm that for you.

PrE does rely on QT Player, even beyond just handling certain Apple files, so I would install it, when there is a Win8 version available.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill, I'll wait quiet for the upgrate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hunt,

The latest version of QuickTime 7.7.4 is available and works on Windows 8 64 bit in conjunction with

Premiere Elements 11 et al.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Romano, thanks for all your informations.

Mine came from this http://www.tutorom.fr/blog/2012/12/12/apple-quicktime-sous-windows-8/

But they speak about QuickTime 7.7.3.

You talk about QuickTime 7.7.4

I am a bit late !

Then, you're sure I may install that version on my Windows 8 64 bit without any trouble ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the Apple URL, that I looked at: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

It lists 7.7.4 version of Apple QT Player.

My guess is that Apple's "System Requirements" is just behind.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that the version you are talking about is still not available in french ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not search for French, so cannot answer your question directly.

Sorry,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it in french, it is ok now, pfiouw, I stressed a lot because I am always afraid to make mishandling !

Good evening and thanks to all !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lupremiere

After a long experience with Premiere Elements 11 and 10 and QuickTime 7.7.4 32 bit on Windows 8 64 bit and no problems, the percentages are high for that working for you as it has for me.

I do not believe that there is a QuickTime 64 bit version. But that means no QuickTime as a 64 bit application. That does not mean that QuickTime 32 bit application will not work in Windows 8 64 bit computer system.

You are certain to have Premiere Elements problems not having QuickTime installed. On the other hand, I think it highly unlikely that you will have Quicktime problems. No 100% guarantee on anything with or without QuickTime involved.

But, I believe that QuickTime, as does Premiere Elements, needs to be run as Run As Admininstrator and/or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges.

Please update us on your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATR,

There has been some recent talk about Apple porting QT Player for 64-bit Windows OS's, but I have seen nothing to indicate that it has been yet.

Obviously, Apple's prime focus for QT Player is for the Mac, with the PC version being a "step-child."

Time will tell if they do offer a full 64-bit version. As you state, however, the 32-bit version should work fine with a 64-bit Windows OS.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll take you informed. I am learning Premiere Element since one week, before, I used windows live movie maker...

Then my experience is very small but I think I'll progress quickwly with this forum !

I only regret there are no french topic !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do!

For learning PrE, this article has some useful links, and especially Steve Grisetti's Basic Training Series. http://forums.adobe.com/message/3953827#3953827

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lupremiere

Merci pour votre suivi.
Juste pour vous faire sentir à la maison ici, je vous écris cette réponse en français (avec la grande aide de Google Translate). Après ce post, je pense que plus sûr si j'écris en anglais.

Il ya toujours quelque chose de nouveau à apprendre à propos de Premiere Elements si vous êtes un nouvel utilisateur, intermédiaire ou avancé.

S'il vous plaît laissez-nous savoir comment nous pouvons vous aider à rendre les choses plus facile pour vous que vous naviguez dans les Premiere Elements courbe d'apprentissage.

Nous nous réjouissons à l'apprentissage de vos progrès.

Meilleurs vœux.

ATR

English Version Of Message

Summarized: Welcome

Add On...

Be sure to check out the Premiere Elements 11 Help PDF

http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere-elements_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATR,

I had assumed that it would, or we would have read many posts of incompatibility, and we have not. Thanks for the confirmation.

Maybe it's time for Apple to update the host OS data for the PC, to include Win8?

Good luck to the OP,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lupremiere

Yes you do need QuickTime, especially to have QuickTime presets in the Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime section of Premiere Elements 11. More also.

And, yes, QuickTime will install on Windows 8 64 bit. I have both Premiere Elements 11 and QuickTime (latest version) installed on by laptop that has a Windows 8 64 bit operating system.

Where are you getting your QuickTime information from?

If necessary, I will post the specific information on my QuickTime download in my Windows 8 64 bit computer environment.

More soon.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lupremiere

Here is one link that is online for the QuickTime (latest version)/Windows 8 64 bit.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_quicktime_player/tech/

I am still checking to see which download site I used in my case.

All has been working well since I installed Premiere Elements 11 and QuickTime (latest version) on my Windows 8 64 bit. And, that has been almost a year.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lupremiere

The link that I posted traces back to the Apple Home Page from where I downloaded by Quicktime 7.7.4 (latest version) 32 bit version.

That Quicktime 7.7.4 (latest version) 32 bit version is what I have on my Windows 8 64 bit and, as said, works fine to support Premiere Elements (any version's needs). Has been for over a year.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines