• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record stream with H.264 and PCMU: is it supported?

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to record a stream which is published with H.264 codec and the telephony (PCMU) codec with a Flash Player 11+ client. The stream plays fine live but when I try to record it, I get the following error on the status of the stream: NetStream.Record.NoAccess. The file is created on disk but has only 21 KB, never more, never less. This is my log:

10:21:49.550  info   Stream (record_Aaj3g/u28_T32l87h.f4v) status: NetStream.Data.Start (level: undefined, length: 0 sec.)

10:21:49.554  info   Stream (record_Aaj3g/u28_T32l87h.f4v) status: NetStream.Publish.Start (level: status, length: 0 sec.)

10:21:49.556  info   Stream (record_Aaj3g/u28_T32l87h.f4v) status: NetStream.Play.Reset (level: status, length: 0 sec.)

10:21:50.107  info   Stream (record_Aaj3g/u28_T32l87h.f4v) status: NetStream.Record.Start (level: status, length: 0 sec.)

10:21:59.962  info   Stream (record_Aaj3g/u28_T32l87h.f4v) status: NetStream.Record.NoAccess (level: status, length: 0 sec.)

10:21:59.966  info   Stream (record_Aaj3g/u28_T32l87h.f4v) status: NetStream.Record.Stop (level: status, length: 0 sec.)

I digged the problem a little and found that I also have an error in the Windows Event Viewer from AMSCore:

Error from libmp4.dll:Received an audio packet of unknown type..

I even tried to publish the stream in "record" mode instead of "live" directly from the client to see if it does the same thing. It does, I get exactly the same result.

I searched on the web hoping to find something about the problem but without any result. The only reference I see is a table in the AMS documentation listing the supported file types and codecs but there is no mention of the PCMU/PCMA codecs. Here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/adobemediaserver/techoverview/WS07865d390fac8e1f-4c43d6e71321ec235dd-7ff...

In last resort, I tried to publish the file as RAW. It seems to work but I can hardly use this format since it is only usable by Flash Player I think. I cannot convert or reuse the file on another platform.

By the way, I had the same result on FMS 3.5.3 and AMS 5.0.1

Any idea? Is this normal or what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I discovered several other recordings which had 21 kb in size, also f4v but with only sound, nellymoser. I did not get any error in logs or event viewer which makes it tough to debug! What could cause such a thing? I understand that there is no data recorded in the stream file, except metadata probably. I tried to convert such a file with ffmpeg and got an error saying there is no stream data found in file.

The method we use for publishing/recording is the following: the stream is published from the client in live mode (no record at all). On the server side, I create a new Stream and attach the publishing stream to it. Then I record the new stream. It seems to be working great in most cases but sometimes, for unknown reasons, it does not work.

Anybody, an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines