• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SELECT Auto Complete

Engaged ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a SELECT dropdown on the form and would like to have a function while user type then the dropdown will get the most close record for user to select.

I tried to look on the internet, but no luck, It seems that CFSelect does not have this option.

Any information is great appreciated,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Iccsi,

AutoComplete widgets typically don't use SELECT elements; they usually build off of a standard text input box.  While I strongly discourage using <CFINPUT> (or any of the built-in ColdFusion UI tags), it does have an "autosuggest" attribute that triggers the type of behaviour you are looking for.  However, I would recommend looking at using jQueryUI's "autocomplete" widget, TwitterBootstrap's "typeahead" widget, or any number of other JavaScript/CSS AutoComplete solutions.

HTH,

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iccsi,

AutoComplete widgets typically don't use SELECT elements; they usually build off of a standard text input box.  While I strongly discourage using <CFINPUT> (or any of the built-in ColdFusion UI tags), it does have an "autosuggest" attribute that triggers the type of behaviour you are looking for.  However, I would recommend looking at using jQueryUI's "autocomplete" widget, TwitterBootstrap's "typeahead" widget, or any number of other JavaScript/CSS AutoComplete solutions.

HTH,

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million for the information and help,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use jQuery auto complete, it works, but the font size it too big for my application. I tried to find the property to modify it, notr luck.

I use CFQuery for the select output, the dropdown becomes slow, do I need use cfc function to get data using JSON format to help performance?

I have onchange event on the dropdown box, it does not trigger onchange event when I have jQuery auto complete.  Is it normal that auto complete and onchange event has conflct?

Thanks again for helping,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation