• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error authoring my computer. Newly registered user

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Digital Editions after creating Adobe ID. I confirmed the registration email link. I am trying to access ebook. Digital Editions is giving following error when authorizing my computer.

"DIgital Editions could not connect to the activation server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet."

Note: My internet is working fine and m using Firefox browser.

Could you please help me with this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem is 3 days old. Nobody answers. More people have the same problem me too. Adobe doesnot answer and it seem to be their problem, a problem in their software. Wonderfull invention those E-books now we only need good reader programms. This was the first and last E-book I ever did buy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same problem. Adobe has been less than helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can make two suggestions that might help.  I'm afraid I can't guarantee either of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0

~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines