• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Flash Player When All Else Fails

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have tried every tip I could find on the boards an still can't get Flash Player to work with Internet Explorer.  Flash Player is installed but not working.  I have Windows 7, Service Pack 1.  64-bit operating system.  Internet Explorer 10.0.0200.16686, 32 bit.  Flash Player ActiveX Version 11.8.800.174 (32-bit).  I have double checked that Flash Player is enabled in Internet Explorer, that the internet and trusted site settings are set to medium, that Active Filtering is enabled and that ActiveX Filtering is disabled in Internet Explorer.  I also upgraded the Toshiba display driver to 8.15.10.2189. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have tried all the usual remedies.  What exactly do you see instead of the expected Flash content?

A little confusion here:

Nilda12345678 wrote:

... that Active Filtering is enabled and that ActiveX Filtering is disabled in Internet Explorer.

but I assume that you meant ActiveX Filtering is disabled.  Just to make sure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2013 Sep 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Thank your for your reply.  I am refering to 2 different things.  When clicking, in internet explorer (1) tools, internet options, security, under both internet and trusted sites, custom level, under scripting, active scripting, the dot "enabled" is checked.  (2) under tools, safety, activeX filtering is disabled.  When I click on a video that requires Flash Player I get the following:

on www.cnn.com front page - a blank video

on other CNN videos - "This CNN feature is optimized for Adobe Flash Player version 10.1 or higher"

on www.cbsnews.com - i just get a blank/white square with a small square in the upper left hand corner that has a black box with a white "x" in it.

on www.youtube.com - I get a message "! You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video.  Download from Adobe" but then after a second, the video works.

When I go to control panel, click on flash player, advanced, it says that the "Plug In Version" is not installed.  Not sure if that makes a difference.

I also checked my control panel, programs and features, and Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X is the only version of Flash Player I have installed.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2013 Sep 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "blank video" could indicate a graphics/display driver issue.  The driver version you mention sounds like a slightly old Intel driver; can you try to update your driver directly from the graphics card manufacturer's site; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines