• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Active X 11.8.800.174 installed. Sound but no video.

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2013 Sep 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running IE10 and Windows 7. I have installed Adobe flash player active x version 11.8.800.174. I can hear sound but not see video. I have followed all the troubleshooting pages and have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing seems to work. When I check flash player help/find version a grey box appears quickly then dissapears. I see no box just white screen. Any information would be very helpful as I can't play videos using IE10. Videos do play when through youtube but nowhere else.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like an outdated display driver; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your advice. I have checked the driver and it says it is up to date. Its an

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver
2011-10-28 , Version8.882.2.0, 338.94M

Im using a HP Paviolin dm4 with a Radeon graphics card. Do you have any other suggestions?

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check on the AMD website?  What is your exact Radeon model?  2011 sounds pretty old.  All Radeon HD cards have drivers issued in 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I checked the AMD website and also had HP check it out for me. The Driver is fine. The problem has now been fixed. I had to uninstall IE10 and and Adobe Flash and reinstall IE9 and Adobe Flash. It only seemed to work if I reboot after each step. Adobe flash would not work with IE10 but is wroking with IE9. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines