Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print multiple pages on sheet

Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Reader and would like to print two copies of the same document on the same sheet. It doesn't seem to allow me to do that no matter what settings I put in the print dialog box or the printer driver. I have told it "2 up" and the paper size is 18 x 12, the document itself is 8.5 x 11 so there should be plenty of room. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

As per my understanding of your problem, you have a one page PDF and you need to print 100 copies of the same page with page scaling of Multiple Pages per sheet.

If this is the problem then this can't be achieved using combination of Copies and Multiple Pages per sheet feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AremisBree,

Try the following steps:

1. Launch the print dialog.

2. Select the Page scaling as "Multiple Pages Per sheet"

3. Choose "Custom" in "Pages Per sheet" and write 1 by 2 as the value.

I hope this will resolve the issue at your end.

Thanks,

-Shilpi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Shilpi,

It didn't work. The preview still shows copy 1 on the far left side of the page with plenty of room on the right for copy 2 but even when I put to print 100 copies, it doesn't put two on a page. I guess the multiple pages per sheet only works with unique pages?

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please provide us the following information:

1. Which version of Adobe Reader are you using?

2. Which printer driver are you using?

3. Which Wondows version are you using (XP/Vista/Win7)?

4. Please upload the test file here.

Thanks,

-Shilpi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shilpi Aggarwal wrote:

4. Please upload the test file here.

Thanks,

-Shilpi

Can't be done any more. They've taken away all but image uploads.

You'll need to upload the file to a web space and then post the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Adobe Reader 9.3.1

Printer is a Xante Ilumina Digital Press with the lastest PCL driver.

Windows 7

File is stored here: http://www.box.net/shared/m3cul6ek7h

Thanks,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per my understanding of your problem, you have a one page PDF and you need to print 100 copies of the same page with page scaling of Multiple Pages per sheet.

If this is the problem then this can't be achieved using combination of Copies and Multiple Pages per sheet feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Make a copy of the file.

- With Adobe Acrobat combine the two files to a new document.

- Print this new document using "2 up".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone who helped. Ultimately, it turns out to be something I apparently can't do through my print driver (which doesn't make sense.) I unfortunately do not have Adobe Acrobat, though it may turn out to be necessary to get it in the near future.

Thanks again,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the workaround, but hate having to do it. In case anyone from Adobe is reading, why oh why must I used a workaround for what should be a basic feature? Not asking for complicated plug-in level imposing software, just take the excellent work you've done with multiple-page printing on a single sheet, and make it work with a single page. Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2011 Apr 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... why oh why must I used a workaround for what should be a basic feature?

That isn't a basic feature. It is a special requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2011 Jul 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to resolve this problem yet?

I was having the same problem a little while ago today but I finally figured it out.

In order to print two pages (or in my case, three) to a sheet, two (three) pages need to be available in the document file, even if the two (three) pages per sheet are the same exact page.

So I went into Acrobat with my document file (Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional, version 8.3.0, is what I'm using) and inserted extra pages using the same file (under the Document tab on the menu bar) and then proceeded to try printing again. VOILA! The print preview was finally showing me three pages to one sheet and when I printed it out, SUCCESS!

I realize that you asked your question a little more than a year ago, but I figured I'd respond to it anyway (even though I now notice that Bernd Alheit pretty much responded with the same thing). Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a very old posting, but you just solved my printing problem! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zadijm,

Thank you for posting the resolution to this frustrating mystery in Adobe Reader!  It is hard to understand why Adobe doesn't clarify their features with some sort of context help when they see people are frustrated by a feature.

The problem here is that many users, like ourselves, inadvertently perceive this as a DUPLICATION or COPY feature for a single page, which it is NOT.  The MULTIPLE feature does not duplicate pages, rather it groups subsets of pre-existing pages in the document and prints each subset of multiple pages on single sheets until the complete document is printed.  Which actually makes good sense.

Interestingly, in the case of a single sheet document, they could very easily provide an extremely useful DUPLICATE checkbox or option for the MULTIPLE page section.  This option would allow a user to quickly duplicate the same page multiple times on a single sheet.

Thank you again for a very enlightening response that saved us a whole lot of frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

worked for me, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is over three years old, but in case anyone else needs this, I figured out how to do it.

After setting the page scaling to "Multiple pages per sheet" all you have to do is repeat the page in the "pages" field. For instance, If I have a document that prints front and back and I want it to print 3 up, I would set the "pages per sheet" to 1 by 3 and then for the page range, I would enter 1,1,1,2,2,2. This tells Acrobat to print page 1 three times, then page 2 three times. Since it's set to 1 by 3, it will arrange 3 iterations to a sheet.

Hope that can still help someone here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does the trick, thank you very much for the great idea - but only if the pdf has more than one page.

When there is only one page (as in the original question and my case) the pdf the printing dialog "smartly" disables the radio buttons "current page" and especially "pages" with the field to enter page numbers (eg "1,1,1,1" when printing 4 similar pages on one sheet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius, it's been annoying me for a while! Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the brilliant solution!  It adds some incredible flexibility to our printing needs and eliminated a load of frustration.  However, as others have stated, why in the world does Adobe disable the PAGES TO PRINT range feature with a single page document?  Especially when the feature supports duplicating single pages in this field.  This is just another unnecessary frustration for users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2016 Oct 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case your PDF has only 1 page. Print 2 copies of the page to a new PDF file.

Then open the new file and use ElWarboGrande​​ solution (use pages numbers: 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another brilliant work around for those without an expensive PDF editor, thank you for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note this will not work if the file only has one page, though, as Reader automatically disables the Pages options in the Print dialog then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever answered this is a genius.  I just spent two hours trying to do the same thing, print multiple invitations for my kid's birthday party on one sheet, and this worked beautifully!  Thank you deleted user!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was googling this and found this thread, it still didn't work for me, but then a lovely person gave me this link to try something different and I prefer this option. I feel gives me more flexibility, hope it helps you too.... 🙂
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVfc7uWD0Z0

The editable pdf tutorial mentioned in the video is available here: https://every-tuesday.com/how-to-create-an-editable-pdf-file/ For more tutorials and design freebies, check out my blog! https://every-tuesday.com You can also follow along on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/everytues Twitter:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread helped me, 13 years later.  You'd think they would have upgraded the Printer Options by now, but NOPE.

Based on other responses, I printed my document to a PDF and made 4 copies. This gave me a PDF with 4 pages with the same thing on each page.  Then I printed that PDF with "Multiple" selected and 2x2 for Pages per sheet, putting 4 to a single page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines