• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Yahoo Stattracker telling me to upgrade my Adobe Flash Player on my Win8 PC?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to launch Yahoo's Stattracker for fantasy football (which loaded last weekend), but I'm getting back an error telling me to upgrade my Adobe Flash Player to the latest version. I go to Adobe's site and try to download the latest version, but Adobe says it's part of IE on Win8, and that I don't need to upgrade it.  But trying to cover all the bases, I follow the 3 steps manually, but to no avail.  WTF?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using IE10, the Flash Player is embedded by Microsoft and the ONLY way to update it is through Windows Update.

If Windows is up to date, see: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Update automatically updates daily.  Checking it, it tells me there are no essential updates to download.  So I checked for optional updates, and Adobe Flash Player is not one of them.  Adobe site tells me my Flash Player is fine.  There must be something wrong with your Stattracker app.  I have only been able to load Stattracker 1 of the 3 weeks so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your installed Flash Player version?

What is that "Stattracker app" - something that runs on your browser, or is it an offline app?  If so, does it use the ActiveX or plugin version of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stattracker is Yahoo's real-time scoring app for fantasy football.  When I try to load it, I get back a message telling me to upgrade Adobe Flash Player to the latest version.

"Please upgrade to the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player to view this content."

How can I check the Flash Player version if it's embedded in IE10?  When I use your tool on your site to tell me the version, the box is blank. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ocvikingsfan wrote:

Windows Update automatically updates daily.  Checking it, it tells me there are no essential updates to download.  So I checked for optional updates, and Adobe Flash Player is not one of them.  Adobe site tells me my Flash Player is fine. There must be something wrong with your Stattracker app. I have only been able to load Stattracker 1 of the 3 weeks so far.

Stattracker is Yahoo, Adobe doesn't run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2014 Nov 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this same problem using IE 11.

Fix:

1. Tools

2. Compatibility View Setting

3. Add Yahoo.com

Fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines