• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFFTP ignoring variable in DIRECTORY path

Participant ,
Mar 22, 2007 Mar 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an array (list) which names several folders. I use ListGetAt based on the index of the cfloop value to get the name of the folder I want to LISTDIR with CFFTP. I Assign the name of the folder to a variable. Testing shows the assignment of foldername from array works fine. Hardcoding folder name in CFFTP yields desired result. BUT, when I replace all, or part of the DIRECTORY="path" with the folder-name-variable the yield defaults to the root directory as defined by the ftp credentials.

Why would DIRECTORY="folder/logs/" give me what I want, and DIRECTORY="#folder#/logs" be ignored even when #folder# is clearly defined? I have used variables INSIDE CFFTP before, so I know that works... I am stumped, see attached code for reference; (FYI the "folders" are assigned to the variable called "chamber")
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 22, 2007 Mar 22, 2007
It turns out it was a pathing issue with the FTP credentials, I simply didn't have the DIRECTORY path properly arranged for the code to find its target. No one could have helped with that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of ColdFusion are you using? Server, username, directory and password are not attributes of <CFFTP ACTION="listdir"... > in version 7. Are you intending to do a <CFFTP ACTION="open" ... >?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It turns out it was a pathing issue with the FTP credentials, I simply didn't have the DIRECTORY path properly arranged for the code to find its target. No one could have helped with that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation