• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic title case change

Mar 22, 2007 Mar 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
This may sound ridiculously simple, but it's driving me mad!
I also haven't been able to find any similar posting on this forum, so here goes...

Within my Robohelp project I have a topic with a case sensitive name. Currently, it has been saved as lower case and I need it to be a mixture of upper and lower case, e.g. :

setthiscommand

needs to become

setThisCommand

This is important, as when the term is searched for, the text appears as lowercase in the results listing, which is incorrect.
Sounds easy? Hmmm....
I tried simply changing the case within the topic properties and applying the change. It reverts to lowercase when I re-check the topic propeties and the complied version.
I tried changing the topic title to something else, applying that change and then changing the title to my mixed case version of the original title. Again, it reverts to lowercase when I re-check the topic properties and the compiled version.
I've tried deleting the index keywords and re-creating them, in case it was picking up anything from there.
It's important that this text appears in the correct case, as it needs to be entered in mixed case by the customer.

Can anyone please help?
Thanks!
Feebeegeebee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the topic name the same as the filename? That can be tricky. The easiest solutions are the filename and topic name are exactly the same case or there is some slight variation, such as an extra character in the filename. The issue occurs when the filename and topic name are exactly the same except for the case.

There is a way of getting it right but I would need to refresh my memory on that. Post back if the above are not OK for you.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we're talking about the topic title, any change should take on the first try. However, be aware that this will not affect the headline at the top of the text, except when you first create the topic and haven't saved it. So you need to change the title (it appears in properties and in source code between the <title> and </title> tags) and the headline separately.

If we're talking about file names, here's the trick:

Change the file name to anything else, with at least one character added or taken away. Save the topic, or save all.

Change the file name again, using upper and lower case as needed.

This is a holdover from the days when upper/lower didn't matter. RH doesn't recognize a change, but will follow case on a revised file name after it is saved.

RH is not the only application that wasn't sent back to school on this.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,
Thanks for replying.
Yes the topic title and filename are the same — e.g. currently:

setthiscommand

and

setthiscommand.htm

Regards,
Feebeegeebee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harvey,
I'll try that.
Seems such a trivial thing, but is quite important.

Thanks a lot!
Feebeegeebee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setThisCommand for the topic title and say set_This_Command for the file name or anything else except setThisCommand.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hasn't this case-renaming subject come up before? I'm pretty sure that the workaround was to first rename the topic to something entirely different, like whatcommandisthis, then again rename it but this time to exactly setThisCommand.

I know it's not nice to fool mother RH, but I don't think she'll mind this time (her handlers forgot to program her into realizing that if her user wanted the same characters but in a different case, THEY DARN WELL HAD A GOOD REASON!)

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops, sorry Harvey; I just ran right by your identical response, didn't I?

Oh well, a little reinforcement can't hurt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leon,

Not just reinforcement, but the validation is welcome.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2007 Mar 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Guys,
Thanks for all your help and suggestions on this.
I can confirm that in order to rename it with characters of a different case, you need to first change the topic title to something with either more or fewer characters first and apply the change.
Then rename the topic title again to the correct case and apply that change.
e.g.

setthiscommand

changed to

setthiscommand1

then changed to

setThisCommand

Otherwise it reverts enfuriatingly to the original case.

As ever, problem resolved by posting here!
Thanks again.
Regards,
Feebeegeebee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp