• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 10 & .NET - Verification & Integration

Enthusiast ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to easily verify that .NET services are configured and working in ColdFusion 10?  The settings are not exposed in the "Settings Summary" page and there's no test default "hello world" script.  There is documentation on "installation", but no instructions on verifying that it's installed correctly:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/10.0/Installing/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cdec18969-7ff1.htm...

I'm trying to integrate SautinSoft's HtmlToRDF .NET component (with sample code that was provided by other CF developers):

<cfobject type=".NET" action="Create" class="SautinSoft.HtmlToRtf" name="ConvHTMLObj" assembly="c:\sautinsoft\SautinSoft.HtmlToRtf.dll">

and I keep getting the following error:

Class SautinSoft.HtmlToRtf not found in the specified assembly list.

The assembly that contains the class must be provided to the assembly attribute.

I've used .NET with past versions of ColdFusion, but having difficult finding troubleshooting articles for ColdFusion 10.

Again, I want to verify that .NET is properly configured in ColdFusion 10 before I invest any more time only to discover a new undiscovered bug.  Is there any place I can find 10-specific information?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamo,

I'm about to embark on this same effort, only using SautinSoft.RtfToHtml.dll

Did you get past your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  No one from the Adobe ColdFusion Community responded and the .NET folks don't offer any support.

I just wish there was an easy way to confirm that integration with .NET is working properly.  There's no included "hello world" script to provide any insights.

I would have really preferred to get this working.  As a document format that's been around since 1987, it'd be beneficial if RTF write support (& read, is possible) was built into ColdFusion (even if its it's a proprietary format) especially since FlashPaper is deprecated.

I finally ended up taking another path.  Since DOCX is a glorified ZIP file, I opted to extract the XML file from a source DOCX file, manually perform replacements and then re-zip.  It works fine so far, but the original DOCX files need to re-saved with autocorrect & grammer checking disabled or parsing is impossible.  Here's an article that discusses the process.
http://www.jensbits.com/2009/06/21/using-coldfusion-to-generate-a-word-document/

(NOTE: My solution is more file-intensive as it genererates new physical RTF file.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there, I will send it to you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was typing from my phone before, sorry for the poor sentence

structure, I missed a word.

anyway, you can try calling this built in .net object to see if your

.NET is configured correctly:

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Cold Fusion 9 and will be getting it working (I have to for

what I need to do). If/when I get it resolved I will let you know what

I encountered.

The setup appears to be very poorly designed is so many people are

having problems with it.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not something silly like you don't have the correct version of the .Net Framework installed on your cold fusion server is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled Codfusion.Net and now it works. Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's absolutely no way to identify which .NET frameworks are installed using the ColdFusion Administrator.  There's a HUGE "System Information" section devoted to the Java configuration, but .NET is noticeably absent.

http://localhost/CFIDE/administrator/settings/version.cfm

QUESTION:  Is it considered a bug that this information is missing?

As a result, I wrote a CFML script to identify all versions and service pack levels of installed .NET. frameworks:

http://gamesover2600.tumblr.com/post/61765279675/identifying-which-versions-of-net-are-installed-on-...

There's still no quick verifiable sub-directory of Adobe-provided "hello world" .NET assemblies that can be used to test which versions are properly working.  How is this unit tested?  Can it be added to the ColdFusion Administrator so devs can quickly test and ensure that .NET is properly configured and working?  (Heck, even Flash installations have a widget that identifies that it's working properly and displays the current version.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a cfm file with the following content....

<cfobject type=".NET" name="seClass" class="System.Environment"> 

<cfset version=seClass.Get_Version().ToString()>

<cfOutput>

#version#

</cfOutput>

This will output the .Net version in use by the proxy object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran your sample code and it indicates that that the proxy object is using 2.0.50727.5472.

I ran my script and verified that the following .NET Frameworks are installed via Microsoft's guidelines:

• 2 (Service Pack 2)
  • 3 (Service Pack 2)
  • 3.5 (Service Pack 1)
  • 4 (Client)
  • 4 (Full)

Why is the proxy object using v2 if I have 3, 3.5 and 4 installed?  Why aren't the other versions identified?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well the official answer from adobe is to do a reinstall of the required framework followed by a reinstall of the .Net integration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation