• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you change the pasteboard colour in the new Indesign Creative Cloud?

Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work has just upgraded to creative cloud for all adobe programs, which is great, except for one thing...

The new pasteboard colour is really dark, and feels backwards when I swap between viewing the pasteboard and the preview display.

Is there a way for editing the colour of the pasteboard? I found that I can change the preview colour in preferences but can't see anywhere where I can adjust the pasteboard colour.

Thanks for answering my question!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try: Edit>Preference>interface UI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's surprisingly easy to do--launch program--but don't open a file--go to preferences>guides and pasteboard>uncheck the little box shown in the picture (Match to Theme Color)--your pasteboard should then become 'white'

pasteboard.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2014 Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that works, but if I want to change it so it's white when not in preview mode, does anyone know how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > Interface > Uncheck Match Pasteboard to Theme Color will turn the pasteboard white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your advice helped me too, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thanks Steve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve Werner's

Answer is what helped me! followed step by step  and it worked perfectly!!!

Thanks for your response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I followed the advice. Change the preferences to uncheck: Matched to theme color and even selected White without a document open and still when I switch to normal view the paste board is grey. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two options available in the preferences menu. One is under 'Guides and and pasteboard' and the main one is under 'interface> appearance', uncheck the 'match pasteboard to theme colour' box and it should now be white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering the same thing, as it seemed like my pasteboard just disappeared. I'm working on some documents that only have a very small amount of pasteboard around the document, and it was driving me crazy. I'm used to having unlimited space to work in. But it wasn't letting me do anything outside the document.

Changing the theme colors and/or unchecking match theme color doesn't work to get the pasteboard area back. It only changes the color during preview.

I finally found the place to fix this. It's under Guides and Pasteboard, at the bottom: Pasteboard Options. You can set pasteboard margins there.

Kind of a dumb thing to have to do, but there it is. I now have my pasteboard back. 🙂

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted a white paste board rather than the weird grey that came even with selecting the lightest theme.

Achieved (finally) by doing the following:

InDesign CC > Preferences > Interface

I have selected Colour Theme as Light.

Then un-ticked the box : Match Pasteboard to Theme Colour

I have a white Pasteboard!

I haven't found a way to select another colour yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem and it's got to the point where I can't predict what colour it's going to be (green, pink…). It's another 'improvement' that wastes production time and hampers creativity. I used to love InDesign but it's nothing but a pain these days…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is four years old.

Please start a new discussion and include full details of what it is you want because it's unclear what you're asking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change color on Pasteboard:

Right click an empty space on the pasteboard and uncheck "Match Pasteboard to Theme Color". This will result in the pasteboard turning white.

Change background color in Preview Mode:

Preferences> Guides and Pasteboard. You can check Preview Background to "Match Color Theme" or use your own custom color.

Hint: Hit the W key to quickly switch between pasteboard and Preview Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As was pointed out many years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines